Wärtsilä Cyber Operations is looking for an operative Security Analyst to Wärtsilä Security Operations Centre (SOC). Wärtsilä SOC detects, assess, analyses, contains and remediates security incidents. Wärtsilä SOC is a 24/7 function and delivers a centralized security response service to Wärtsilä business ecosystem.
The Operational Technology (OT) security analyst should have the relevant capabilities and knowhow in order to act as an analyst within Wärtsilä SOC rightfully place a large focus on the people.
Wärtsilä SOC has three levels of analysts:
- Tier 1 analysts who search logs and process, alerts, and other categorized events to identify and escalate abnormalities.
- Tier 2 analysts are the incident responders who triage the events, analyse activities, and apply appropriate mitigations.
- Tier 3 analysts are there to act as subject matter experts when deeper analysis is required; especially against new threats. Tier 3 analysts hunt threats and provide the last line support in incident response.
Wärtsilä Cyber Operations is looking for a Tier 3 Security Analyst for OT environment cyber support. The location is Finland.
Your responsibilities as Security Analyst are to :
- developing security systems
- analyzing current systems and network for vulnerabilities and emerging threats
- supporting cyber incidents in an efficient and effective manner
- seeking to build in security during the development stages of software systems, networks and data centres
- supporting and advising in closing off the cyber security issues and vulnerabilities
- respond to security threats and lead incident investigation activities
- improve awareness and understanding of Wärtsilä OT environment incident and threat response
Qualifications and skills
- possess a curious, fit-for-purpose attitude and willingness with great heart to work for complex, difficult and challenging security incidents (e.g. suspicious and abnormal indicators)
- collaboration and communication skills
- critical thinking skills, problem solving attitude, attention to detail
- ‘hands-on & eyes-wide-open’ experience as a specialist with wireless or wired network technologies and process automation systems (as an example here only: TCP/Modbus, EtherCAT, Nozomi Guardian)
- ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT/OT environments
- degree in a relevant technical or engineering discipline (e.g. computer software software/hardware engineering)
- know-how and understanding about tools used to protect industrial environments (e.g. network packet analysers or simulation tools, remote access, ICS scanners etc.)
- process automation system threat intelligence knowledge (e.g. open source or vendor specific) is an optional plus
- cyber security or software/hardware engineering related certification (SANS Institute, ISACA, CompTIA, etc.) is an optional plus
Person to give further information:
Director, Cyber Operations
Last application date: 29 October 2020
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at
View & Apply