The Lead Development Specialist is responsible for all sales-facing activities of the digital marketing team, leveraging data science, lead capture, lead development, lead qualification programs, and lead intelligence to provide high quality marketing leads to the sales organization. The goal of these programs is to help increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the sales team as they pursue marketing leads.
This role is responsible for coordinating the activities to nurture prospects and develop leads into qualified leads for the sales organization. This person will be responsible for data-science driven opportunity identification and the lead management process from lead capture through the point of acceptance by sales.
Efficient and effective lead management is paramount to this role, including definition and management of the lead stages, planning and execution of programs to effectively capture leads and move leads through the lead stages, and tracking and reporting of lead development. This person is responsible for several KPIs, including: number of marketing qualified leads (MQLs), and MQL to Opportunity ratio.
This person plays a key role in maintaining marketing alignment with the sales organization and must be able to maintain strong interpersonal relationships with key sales stakeholders.
This role will leverage a suite of tools to generate demand, capture leads, qualify them, route them to the sales organization and provide tracking and analysis. These tools include the Thermo Fisher Data Science platform, Eloqua, Salesforce.com, Power BI, and Adobe Analytics. Experience with these tools is a plus.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage Lead Development, capturing leads, qualifying them and routing them to Sales
- Manage the European Data Science program
- Act as a key liaison with sales team stakeholders, ensuring alignment between digital marketing and sales strategy
- Manage the effective rollout our Data Science platform to the sales organization.
- Leverage detailed analytics to support refinement and optimization of lead capture and qualification programs
- Mature our Lead Development capabilities, nurturing expertise in lead development best practices and disciplines needed to drive value and results
- Anticipate future needs and build required expertise as we journey on our roadmap towards data science, personalization, automation and omni-channel digital marketing
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Experience leveraging key technologies to identify, capture, develop, qualify and route leads, such as Lattice Engines, Eloqua, Salesforce.com, or similar technologies.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization, maintaining alignment between marketing, sales and IT stakeholders
- Experience operating in a complex environment with multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience with key digital marketing technologies such as marketing automation, CRM, analytics packages, and predictive lead scoring
- Experience running efficient and effective lead qualification and lead routing programs
NON-NEGOTIABLE HIRING CRITERIA:
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, with a concentration in digital marketing and marketing automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or comparable experience
- Experience leveraging digital marketing platforms to plan and execute marketing campaigns that deliver measureable value
View & Apply