At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
As part of Nokia Enterprise (NE) sales organization within Market Unit (MU) APJ, the Customer Solution Architect (CSA) will combine his/her technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support to the sales teams in targeted segment(s). This position directly contributes and is measurable in sales results quarterly and annually, in the form of Order Intake (OI) and Revenue contribution (REV).
The CSA will represent the entire Nokia End to End (E2E) product and services portfolio with specialized technical knowledge or subject matter expertise in one or more technical areas. Technical sales will contribute to both short term annual plan and longer-term business development of segment(s) pipeline.
The CSA provides technical expertise and supports the sales team to ensure we have the right solution to meet the business objectives of the customer
- Is the technical interface between customers, Nokia Account Managers (AM), Nokia Enterprise segment teams and Nokia Business Groups (BGs) to create the best E2E Nokia solution to meet a customer’s requirements
- Owns and actively develops relationships with customers’ technical stakeholders
- Contributes to and defines the E2E technical strategy towards the designated customer(s) or segment(s), optimally adapts the Nokia offering towards the vision & requirements
- Makes technical presentations to customers focusing on Nokia’s value proposition to customer during prospect and negotiation phases.
- Leads the technical aspects of Request For Proposal (RFP), takes on the role and work of E2E Customer Solutions Owner for mulit-BG cases. Responds to customers questions in active short-term sales cases. Provides support from initial stage of customer technical meetings, to RFP, to technical negotiation and opportunity closure. Supports RFP team on solution description, Scope of Work (SoW), Bill of Quantity (BoQ), contributes to Statement of Compliance (SoC).
- In conjunction with designated Nokia account managers and sales teams, supports and actively contributes towards business development of designated customers(s) or segment(s). Works with Account Managers and BDMs to develop the sales pipeline
- Provides high level E2E system level architecture and Network Evolution Plans (NEP) towards designated customers(s) or segment(s). Incorporates the NEP into the customer(s) or segment(s) account plans. Works with Account Managers and BDMs to develop the sales pipeline
- Actively conducts white space analysis towards designated customers(s) or segment(s) to find new areas for Nokia sales
- Actively contributes to create long-term relationships with key customers, ecosystem partners and industry players, and acts as a senior telecom subject matter expert typically at a country or segment level
- Actively identifies, request, prioritizes and tracks APAC requirements for the global Nokia BG Roadmaps. Conducts gap and competitive analysis for APAC. Creatively adapts and localizes global solution to APAC requirements where possible.
- Identifies & mitigates complex technical risks (e.g. solution road map availability) and proposes mitigation plans which generate solid business impact.
- Is not constrained to one Business Group or Nokia technology. Articulates the Nokia solution value proposition in the specific customer/segment context. Analyses and identifies the technical requirements of the targeted customer(s) or segment(s).
- Will be measured in sales performance (OI/REV), closure of deals and successful business development of targeted customers and segments. This position is within the sales organization, not the business (product) group. This position is front line technical sales.
- Contributes to market events, e.g. industry tradeshows, as a technical representative of Nokia Enterprise in their respective country
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the telecommunications market in a technical sales role
- Minimum Degree in Bachelor of Engineering
- Has a strong foundation in LTE & 5G Technologies including planning, design and architecture of these networks
- Must have End-To-End Technical knowledge of Mobile and Fixed Network including Radio Access, IP/MPLS backbone, WDM, Microwave, EPC Core and IMS solutions
- Deep knowledge of Nokia Products in RAN, 7750 Service Routers, 1830 PSS, and Nokia Cloudbands product family for Core
- Prior experience of broad telecom technologies or system level architecture is desirable and must have deep expertise in one or more given relevant technical areas (Radio, Core, IP etc)
- Prior experience in one or more of targeted enterprise segments; Transportation, Energy, Government/Smart Cities, Manufacturing/Logistics or Webscale would be preferred
- A challenger with a technical sales mindset. Understands success is achieving sales targets and scaling the business
- Self-motivated, passionate individual who thrives in customer facing business development environment. Must be able to work in a fast paced sometimes unclear environment. Will take charge not wait for instruction/direction.
- Results oriented. The ideal candidate will have a clear record of sales achievement, working hard & perseverance to win new business
- Must be a team player who is adaptable
- The ability to manage in a complex matrix environment, where direct authority over key resources is limited but essential to success.
- Must be extremely articulate with strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting in front of senior level customer audiences.
- Possess “customer” presence and strong interpersonal skills to establish key relationships with all decision makers.
- Be able to think outside the box to overcome political or technical objections.
- The ability to negotiate using a Win/Win philosophy required.
- Ability to collaborate with many cross -functional organizations
- Written and spoken English
- Fluency in Local language is mandatory
- May be a recognized technical expert but has the capability to learn system wide understanding of the entire E2E Nokia portfolio