Bodil is transforming the energy retrofitting industry from the outside in – we believe in a future where the homes we live in don’t damage the planet we live on. Our mission is to make energy retrofitting digital, affordable, and consumer friendly.
The residential energy solutions of tomorrow are available to us today. We know how to radically reduce the emissions footprint and improve the livability of our customers’ homes, cost effectively and at scale with products such as solar panels, batteries, heat-pumps and better insulation. Bodil is on a mission to:
· Reduce the environmental footprint of heating and energy consumption.
· Improve the economics of homeownership by lowering monthly utility bills.
· Provide market-leading information, quality and customer service.
We do this, through innovation spanning process, service design, financing and the creation of digital tools to improve the efficiency of actors across the value chain, from lead-gen and sales, to technical home analysis and installations to energy monitoring. Operationally, Bodil provides in-person energy retrofitting advice through our team of energy advisors where it adds value, and we automate and digitalize the rest.
We are a family of sustainable energy wonks, data scientists, businessy climate activists, and behavioural insights nerds on a shared mission – and we need you.
Read more about Bodil and our team: https://bodilenergi.dk/about-us/
About the position
Bodil is currently digitizing our core consumer-facing home-analysis and product recommendation engine. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing climate tech start-up during it it’s early phase of full digitalization, and help build our platform and architecture from the ground up, in close collaboration with our external advisory board of industry experts across digitalization, Machine Learning and energy.
The position is based out of Bodil’s Copenhagen office, but we offer flexible working hours and location.
We are looking for a great full-stack developer who is proficient with React.js, Node.js and similar frameworks and libraries, coupled with extensive knowledge in building out, maintaining and deploying microservice architectures. Your initial primary focus will be on implementing and developing user interface components, with commonly used workflows such as Redux or Flux, alongside building out the defined back-office architecture for Bodil Energi. Maintainability is a key focus, as well as establishing tried and tested development workflows in cooperation with our expert advisory board of seasoned digital wizards.
Experience with Node.js in a production environment and setting is necessary, as well as experience working with and developing high throughput applications.
You should have a natural curiosity towards new technologies and trends you haven’t quite grasped. Bodil is also working on a series of offerings, which will require the application of ML to the construction of adaptive energy monitoring and control systems, which over time will become a key strategic focus area for the company. For the right candidate, who meets the current criteria for our digitalization task at hand, but with the capabilities to transition into the work on our more intelligent platforms, this current role may offer a path to CTO, and to lead our company as we expand into new european markets.
· Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
· Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
· Optimising components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
· Assisting in estimations as well as architecture definitions and documentation of new solutions
· Building out and maintaining Amazon AWS infrastructure.
· Ensuring longevity, appropriate methodologies, governance and code sanity at Bodil Energi
· Node.js is a second language to you with a firm grasp of appropriate patterns and frameworks for building out a resilient back-office
· Knowledgeable about building out secure infrastructure, OWASP etc.
· Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
· Experience with popular React workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
· Experience with data structure libraries
· Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs (GraphQL is also a plus)
· Knowledge of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Familiarity with modern front-end and back-end build pipelines and tools
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
· Git is how you prefer to hide your snacks — if you could
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. However, we are looking for the ideal candidate to grow with us and our company, so alternative timelines can be discussed. We will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis – and recommend candidates don’t wait until the deadline to apply.
We are very excited to meet you and get to know you.