We are now looking for an IT Architect, Office Networks to join our UPM IT Team in Helsinki or Tampere, Finland for a permanent position.
What you will do
The job offers the possibility to manage the end-to-end accountability of the network technologies enabling the performance of different application solutions using our global network. In addition to this, the position involves the responsibility to seek development opportunities to extend the network using different technologies, such as SDN, zero trust concepts, AI/ML and role-based security.
You will be responsible for the overall technical and development ownership of the network architecture including its security aspects. You will work in a team of architects and experts and actively collaborate with various business areas and our partners to continuously drive, develop, and optimize the area further in accordance with the IT Strategy, processes, and architecturally best practices. In addition you will:
- Take responsibility of the solution architecture of:
o Office Networks
o Data Center Networks
o Remote & Partner Access Solutions
o Cloud Networks
o …and integral dependencies around them
- Collect own-area business requirements and turn them into IT actions and/or projects
- Lead envisioning and planning of our path towards the future
- Lead development projects and be accountable for their delivery
- Lead and collaborate with our suppliers
- Participate in proactive capacity optimization
- Participate in the service support and maintenance of the environment when required
- Proactively drive the documentation, design and development in the area and ensure the quality and standardization of implementations
- Proactively drive improvements with focus on service level, user experience and cost efficiency.
Who you are
- You have relevant 10+ years of industry experience
- Ideally, you will have extensive understanding and technical skills in the responsibility area as outlined, and possess a vision of how enterprise networks are developing in the coming years
- You have knowledge and skills around LAN, WLAN, VPN, Proxy and Cloud technologies
- You have strong drive, motivation and a sense of accountability, complemented with the ability to communicate efficiently to different audiences and stakeholders
- We especially value good vendor coordination skills and experience in finding optimal solutions
- You are fluent in English language
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company’s values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The job location will be in UPM’s key location in Tampere, Finland or in the corporate headquarters in Helsinki.
For more information, please contact Barona IT, Senior Recruiter Mikko Laine at email@example.com
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
UPM IT is a high-performing, innovative, process-driven community strengthened by IT professionals from suppliers.
IT ensures business continuity and improves productivity by maintaining business-critical IT services. We create value for UPM in joint business and IT digitalization efforts applying new technologies and partner ecosystems. We enable UPM transformation by developing capabilities for the changing business environment.
The success of IT is rooted in the know-how of digitalisation and emerging technologies, and competences such as enterprise architecture design, project and change management, compliance and cybersecurity.
Alvar Aallon katu, 00100 Helsinki
We deliver renewable and responsible solutions and innovate for a future beyond fossils across six business areas: UPM Biorefining, UPM Energy, UPM Raflatac, UP…