Marketing Communications Content Specialist Technical Editor (f/m/div)*
At a glance
With our products, Infineon is connecting the real and the digital world. In your new role of a Technical Editor within the Marketing Communications team, you will create the connection between our Technical Experts and the media world. You will craft and deploy technical articles, cover stories, white papers, and others (such as interview briefings) based on core content provided by our Product and Application Marketing as well as Engineering experts. These content assets will be center pieces of our defined marketing communications campaigns. You will ensure the publication of these content assets in international Tech Media (online and offline) and furthermore monitor and evaluate media activities in close collaboration with our corporate Media Relations Department. If you combine communication expertise and excellent writing skills with passion for high tech semiconductor solutions, this is the right opportunity for you!
Feb 01, 2021
Our main target group are engineers of today’s and future customers, which we want to excite and engage with compelling content catering their needs. The broad set of tech publications shall portray Infineon’s position as technology & system solution leader. Conveying the value of our power products and technologies in the customer’s use case is essential to boost the relevance of our technical content pieces. Your profound understanding of the target audience paired with your close collaboration with our tech experts as well as our corporate Media Relations department will be key to success.
In your new job you will:
- Jointly develop and write tech articles, cover stories and white papers based on content provided by our marketing and engineering colleagues
- Review written technical documents for clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, content, and style, ensuring document accuracy and consistency
- Provide feedback and advice to engineers that work on articles (‘technical writers’)
- Ensure that all written content meets the Infineon company standards and style guides, conforming to strict editing guidelines and security clearance protocols
You pursue ambitious goals with great dedication, are highly motivated and ready to take challenges. You are pragmatic, reliable, have an eye for details and you are able to work under pressure within a diverse, fast-paced, multi-national team to meet project deadlines. You are structured and can handle multiple tasks at the same time.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- Either a university degree in (Electrical) Engineering and passion (and experience) for communication/writing – or
- a university degree in Media/Communication Sciences paired with a strong interest in technology
- 3+ years of experience in technical communications, ideally in a high tech company
- Profound experience in creating and editing technical articles as well as in content development in general
- Excellent communication skills, in particular writing skills for different technical target audiences
- Proficient MS office skills (PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent organizational, project management and conceptual skills
- Fluent English skills with German skills as a plus
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry, employment group G (https://www.feei.at/leistungen/informations-service/mindestlohne-und-gehalter-2020). A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills. Furthermore, Infineon offers additional employee benefits.
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
– Power & Sensor Systems (PSS) drives leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
Infineon PSS semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world. Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication. Click here for more information about working at PSS with interesting employee and management insights and an overview with more #PSSDreamJobs.
At Infineon in Villach you shape the technologies of tomorrow and work in an international environment with more than 3600 colleagues from over 60 nations. Your personal contribution will be valued and appreciated as the cornerstones of our success. And all that in beautiful surroundings which guarantee a high quality of life.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Due to its particular geographic location and the outstanding natural beauty of the region, Villach and the whole province of Carinthia have for generations been popular holiday destinations for people from all over the world. Living in Austria also has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach benefits from its status as a “small town”, offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
*The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
Mag. Elisabeth Koestenbauer
Talent Attraction Manager