Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary: We have an exciting opening for a high performing marketing intern that supports to develop and deliver B2B marketing programs to drive growth and increase value in the cohort of small and medium businesses (SMB) in Western Europe for 6 months.
Role & Primary Job Responsibilities
In this role you will support the team in their core marketing tasks and help to grow and optimize our digital marketing programs, addressing SMB in Western Europe (ie. FRITES, Nordics, PT) This includes the creation of concepts and implementation of marketing campaigns as well as own projects.
- You will support the planning and operational implementation of multi-channel campaigns, support the conceptual work of marketing campaigns and handle third party agencies for creation and localization of assets.
- You will support to ensure a best-in-class implementation and execution of our Global Marketing strategies and programs to drive acquisition and growth within our SMB base in this region.
- As part of your team you deliver outstanding and appealing campaigns and merchant programs to win new customers, enhance the engagement of our existing merchant base and drive loyalty & advocacy.
- You see the positive impact of your work in supporting the target achievement of our business KPIs
- You provide fresh ideas for new marketing activities and how to improve the realization of projects
- You are seen as a proactive and engaged supporter of your team and their stakeholders.
- You are flexible and willing to take on any challenge in front of you with a high level of passion and creativity.
Experience and Skills (the what)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field (marketing, communication, business) preferred
- Ideally first practical experience in the area of marketing / online marketing / sales / CRM
- High interest or knowledge in current internet- and online marketing trends
- High level of personal initiative as well as assertiveness and result-oriented working
- Quick perception, good analytical skills, structured
- Fluent in English. Fluency in other European languages especially in Italian or Spanish is advantageous.
Qualities and Behaviours (the how)
- Flexible, motivated, creative and resilient
- Open and communicative
- Enjoying working in a team
- Ability to quickly adapt to rapidly changing environments
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Good relationship management skills in a challenging fast paced environment
The type of marketer that flourishes at PayPal
- Middle-brained Marketer who can flex across the funnel while driving connectivity of marketing with the business
- Results Focus is a business builder who ties all work back to overall commercial impact
- Strong Collaborator who partners with stakeholders for win-win
- Change Agent we are rapidly evolving as a business and need someone who can be at the helm to lead change
- Thought Leader uncovers consumer insights to create new marketing opportunities
- Nurturer of Talent to bring out the best in individuals and teams
- Deals with Ambiguity to take the unknown into action
- Challenges the Status Quo and believes things can always be improved
- A believer in the “Greater Good” one who always puts others’ needs above their own
- Lives and believes in the company values
Travel Percent: 0
Primary Location: Paris, Paris, France
Additional Locations: Berlin
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .