Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
To develop and deploy the short & long term marketing and product line strategy for Novecare Coatings Markets, in order to support business growth and achieve the GBU financial targets.
COATINGS market is accelerating its development in Binder Solutions and Performance Solutions segments with a strong focus on waterborne architectural and industrial coatings and adhesives end segments.
● Develop the vision and strategy aligned with global coatings Value Creation Plan (VCP)
o Based on an in-depth market understanding, develop, manage and implement the Global/Regional Market Strategic Plans, assessment of the needs, and actionable execution plans
o Contribute to development of external growth strategy at global level and recommends acquisition and divestiture options as part of strategic portfolio management
● Understand the End-Market Needs and Define & Develop Value Proposition:
o Collect and understand market data & needs through direct interactions with customers, industry associations, market publications and pertinent conferences / trade shows.
o Synthesize market data from multiple sources to form competitive intelligence and identify new opportunities by leveraging existing technology competencies and identify new technology development needs
o Identify and prioritize new market segments and applications
o From customer and market needs derive the value proposition of Solvay’s present and future product portfolio
o Monitor market data to report business conditions, end segment performance, competitive intelligence on monthly and or as needed basis
o Collaborate with GMD, R&I and Business Development Managers to identify, select and recommend new projects including new products and applications.
o Marcom: Product portfolio management, Solvay.com/Product Finder project management, literature and content management, management of digital communication, webinars, technical papers on journals and trade shows
● Deliver, Capture and Maintain Value:
o For all identified growth projects, drive full Marketing Process 1) Market Assessment 2) Validation 3) Launch Plan 4) Go to Market
o Manage and drive alignment between assets portfolio and strategy. Work with asset and product line managers for alignment on the product portfolio strategy.
o Establish and manage global price management, margin management and guidance for assigned market(s) working closely with Strategic Pricing Manager
o Establish communication strategy for own market(s) together with the communication team and business development managers.
o Develop and maintain relations with key customers and distributors on marketing and strategy related fields
Education and Experience
Strong technical background with coatings emulsion polymerization, paint additives and surfactants + and minimum experience (5 years) in business marketing
● BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and MBA is a plus
10 years commercial or technical experience in CASE (Coatings, Adhesives and Sealants)
● Working knowledge of additives, surfactants and polymers used in the CASE markets
● Strong leadership skills with ability to influence external and internal stakeholders and get things done through others
● Strategic thinker but can also execute at a tactical level
● Ability to manage projects in a complex multi-cultural matrix environment.
● Experience in managing large marketing and/or technical projects internally and externally with customers
● Financial and cost analysis skills
● Strong computer skills
● Ability to travel up to 50%
● Coatings experience
● Technical, marketing field experience
● Experience in managing large marketing and technical projects
● Strong communication, ability to create presentations communicate technical information
● Ability to manage projects in a complex multi-cultural matrix environment
Previously worked at coating, paint and adhesive companies
Prior work at paint additive supplier(s)