Media Relations lead, Corporate Communications & Public Affairs
Lundbeck’s passion links to our purpose about restoring brain health so every person can be their best. We strive to make a real difference to patients. By developing innovative treatments, we improve the lives of people living with brain diseases. Your dedication is crucial. That is why you can expect us to be committed to your progress, so you can stay committed to ours.
Are you passionate about working with the media and supporting executives in telling the corporate story? Then this is a great chance to join the Global Communications and Public Affairs team at Lundbeck.
Lundbeck is in the midst of implementing an ambitious strategy to expand and invest to grow – you can play a key role in shaping our external communication approach to enhance Lundbeck’s brand. You will support our Executive Management in telling our story to stakeholders externally and building Lundbeck’s reputation in the Danish and international press. The position is based in our HQ in Valby in the Copenhagen area, Denmark.
Your job and key responsibilities
Together with input from appropriate colleagues, you will develop and execute an overarching media relations approach for Lundbeck, focused primarily on the Danish media.
- Identify and build appropriate media profiling opportunities for the company.
- Sparring with Executive Management and their teams on external messaging and approaches.
- Taking complex input from various sources and simplifying it to ensure that it is relevant and compelling to journalists and other external stakeholders.
- Ability to produce content in various formats for several channels – presentations, long-form stories, short-form stories, video scripts, videos, letters from executives, etc.
- Advising and guiding senior level stakeholders on personal branding and how that comes across with social media, external profiling opportunities, etc.
- Measure and change approach based on trends and/or organizational needs.
This role reports to the Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs.
Lundbeck offers a great workplace that is based on a flat structure, forming a collaborative working environment based on respect and equality. We employ dedicated colleagues and encourage continuous development. Together, we create the ideal conditions for you and your job, so we can improve treatments and life for people with brain diseases.
The Corporate Communications & Public Affairs team at Lundbeck is a small team of 13 people passionate about telling the Lundbeck story and building the company’s reputation. We like to work hard and have fun while doing it! This is a great opportunity to join a team to be proud of. And at the site in Valby we have a canteen serving practically gourmet dishes for lunch and a fully equipped gym with an indoor swimming pool.
Our preferred candidate has the following personal and professional qualifications:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, or other related discipline.
- Danish native speaker with strong English language writing skills.
- 10 years + experience supporting C-level executives in a C-25 company in a Media Relations related role and/or Journalism experience in a top tier Danish business publication.
- Ability to deliver high quality output in the form of communication plans, media trainings, talking points, press releases, external articles, position papers, etc.
- Experience managing press conferences and the ability to craft key messages and presentations for press conferences, external events.
- You have a social media presence and are seasoned with engaging stakeholders on Social Media. You know how to guide executives to make the most out of their own profiling.
- Experience with messaging related to Financial Communications and company results.
- Crisis communication experience preferred.
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals an advantage, but not required.
For further information, please contact hiring manager, Juliane Lenzner, JULZ@lundbeck.com
We also recommend that you have a look at our website, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Sounds interesting? Then please click on the apply button and apply latest before the deadline December 15th 2020.
Your application and CV should not be sent via email.
View & Apply