Maersk is achieving an unprecedented transformation in the growth of our businesses, rethinking the way we engage with customers and partners, and how the world’s trade flows across our global network. We are offering you a unique opportunity to help shape that journey and the future organization. As a part of this process, you will have an opportunity to lead, shape and drive a new Procurement Technology team which will have the objective of creating value with new procurement initiatives and enabling end2end process integration within Maersk.
Join us as we re-think what technology can do. As Procurement Technology Engineering Manager, you will the report in to the Technology Leader of the Finance and Tax Platform and be a key driving force in building the delivery engine with internal staff from scratch and delivering major programmes and other BAU changes to our applications landscape.
Maersk Procurement is a service function within A.P. Moller Maersk supporting our business units globally. In Maersk Procurement the vision is: “Every dollar spent is spent professionally”. The vision applies to upstream procurement where the ambition is to develop solutions that digitizes and automates strategic procurement processes across all business areas, as well as downstream where there is an opportunity to address complex P2P and industry specific challenges with innovative solutions to ensure an automated process as well as a much improved vendor experience for our partners.
As an organization with global presence, joining Maersk is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for you to work with people of diverse talents & background. We offer a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, India, London, Hague and Charlotte. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network.
As a company, we are committed to growing our people. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your professional & technical skills.
- We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action
- We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems
- We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
- We offer the freedom, and responsibility, to shape the setup and the processes we use in our community
- We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops and meetups
The role encompasses building Tech capabilities across various skills in India and Europe, scaling faster while building a high performance engineering team, and setting up an engagement model within technology and business. In this role, you will create and own offshore inhouse engineering and delivery capabilities and be responsible for developing a change plan and delivering with quality while ensuring the scalability & maintainability of current and future solutions.
The role will also require you to actively collaborate with Enterprise Architecture function, Delivery leads, Solution architects and product owners while supporting building out of our future internal engineering capability. You should be comfortable working with subject matter experts, provide thought leadership and experience with new business applications platforms. You will be accountable for delivery excellence, customer delight, and employee satisfaction within the delivery team and responsible for grooming competency in line with roadmap. We are pursuing a best-of-breed Tech strategy, which includes a number of point solutions in combination with own developed solutions, the position requires the ability to understand and integrate these solutions to ensure a seamless experience for end-users and our external partners.
- Build a high performance team and scale our Procurement Engineering capability from scratch;
- Manage the Procurement engineering capabilities with functional and technical engineers across multiple technologies;
- Deliver procurement engineering changes covering both functional and technical aspects;
- Partner with business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate customer needs into outcomes for business;
- Understand organizational goals, competitive landscape and technology trends to provide recommendations and decisions directly aligned to the organization’s strategy and financial goals;
- Maintain leadership in the development of delivery standards and architectural governance;
- Be a change agent that helps bring in large scale deployment exercises in a repetitive and consistent fashion;
- Ensure that Procurement technology and delivery capability remain current with the business goals, and direct the development of delivery capability towards long-term business and technology goals;
- Deliver Procurement change plan as per milestones agreed with respective initiatives;
- Act as escalation point for issue resolution and provides direction and steady leadership in the face of uncertainty to ensure no bottlenecks impacting delivery of solution;
- Deliver OKR dashboard to provide transparency, track and monitor delivery outcomes and capability of team;
- Control & manage finance, budget and utilization for engineering team;
- Responsible for people processes in the organization, employee engagement, talent development and growth and competency development.
Further, in this role you will be required to:
- Set an inspiring direction for the engineering team members
- Contribute to planning and delivery milestones for projects by being an active member
- Drive innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and ways of working
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with peers, architects, product owners and project teams to achieve successful outcomes
Who we are looking for
- Rich experience in Procurement Technology across the full Source2Contract and Supplier Management landscape;
- Proven delivery experience in a variety of procurement technologies from large procurement platforms to point SaaS solutions;
- Proven track record of working with senior business stakeholders and delivering on business outcomes through Procurement technology;
- Experience of delivering end2end business process solutions. Experience of Services Procurement would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience of working with Finance teams to deliver full Procure2Pay as part of a wider procurement transformation is also essential
- Demonstrated track record of working with teams spread across multiple geographies;
- Demonstrated track record of building and running Procurement technology delivery capabilities for large scale technology transformation projects;
- Adaptability and leadership of teams in ambiguous situations;
And be able to demonstrate:
- Transformational mindset using an approach of persuasion and encouragement that embeds sustainable capabilities
- Experience of working within Agile environments
- Fostering great relationships without direct authority across functional boundaries and geographies
- Proven ability to make pragmatic delivery short-term decisions whilst aligning with a long-term strategic outcome
- Easily adapts to change – a role model
- Excellent in influencing and persuading others
- Goal formulation and direction setting
- Proven leadership and people development capabilities
- Advanced communication and presentation skills
- Facilitation of complex knowledge sharing across functions, teams and stakeholders
- Strong coaching, mentoring and motivation skills
- Strong networking with stakeholders
Last application date: 20 October 2021.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com
All the way.