At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, The Department of the Built Environment at Aalborg University’s campus in Copenhagen, a full-time Professorship in Sustainability of Buildings is open for appointment from May 1st, 2020 or soon hereafter.
The sustainability research at the Department mainly focuses on how sustainability of buildings can be assessed and measured in relation to legal requirements and for building certification and labelling. Therefore, an important part the research is on the development of LCA methods and tools for the building sector and on how methods, data, and different design strategies (construction, materials, recycling, circular economy) influence the environmental impact in different scales of the built environment (single buildings, building area development and infrastructure). Moreover, due to the urgent climate crisis and need for future adaptation to a carbon neutral society, research also focuses on the use of benchmarks and carbon budgets for buildings to fulfil important societal goals.
The professorship will have a special focus on evaluation of the life cycle environmental impacts of the built environment. The successful applicant should be able to translate theory into practice within the field and particularly in the development of efficient requirements in building regulations. Research is conducted in close collaboration with various parties, including Danish governmental bodies at all levels, organizations, private foundations, business partners and research teams, nationally and internationally. Experience with transdisciplinary collaborations as well as collaboration with the sector outside of academia is anticipated.
You may obtain further information from Head of Department, Lars Pico Geerdsen, tel. +45 53635919 mail
The successful applicant must demonstrate a documented high level of original scientific production at an international level, including proven further development of the research area in question. An assessment of the candidate’s undertaking of research management and/or other possible management functions and abilities in respect to attracting research funding will also be considered. In addition, the applicant is expected to have the qualifications for undertaking teaching responsibilities and to have experience with PhD supervision.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- A link to either your Google scholar profile, ResearcherID or a unique search profile or query from Scopus with your publication and citation record
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to maximum 10 publications.
- Teaching qualifications described in the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed the applicant must include an explanation for its absence.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position.
- References/recommendations (optional)
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button below.
We wish to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
For further information concerning the application process please contact HR-partner Lone Lund by mail or phone (+45) 9940 3494.
Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force, teaching portfolio and procedures can be seen
Appointment and salary according to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of professional Associations (AC) on Academics in the State.
Appointment and salary acc. to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of professional Associations (AC) on Academics in the State. Employment as Professor is in accordance with a classified position on scale 37. In addition, a pensionable increment will be given.
Aalborg University (AAU) conducts teaching and research to the highest level in the fields of humanities, engineering, and natural, health, and social sciences.