Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
As a member of the Management Committee, you will manage the Marketing and Sales activities of the Rhône / Mediterranean business region within the Electrification business in France. Reporting to the Director of the activity, you will define and implement marketing and sales strategies, and proactively lead, develop and support the Marketing and Sales team.
- Develop ABB’s turnover and reputation with direct and indirect customers in your region (tradesmen, distributors, panel builders and installers, etc.) in accordance with the commercial strategy defined by LSU France.
- Ensure the relationship with major clients and prescribers at the regional level in order to develop demand in the region.
- Lobby key players in the region to promote ABB supply and create demand among local prescribers.
- Develop new clients with a major prospecting plan
- Decide on your sales force’s commercial objectives and sales action plans to develop turnover by ensuring the profitability of your region.
- Supervise, animate and train a sales team of about fifteen salespeople so that the commercial actions are transformed into orders. You have the latitude to decide the amount of the final negotiation in accordance with the rules of delegation of the USL.
- Provide support to the sales force as required (difficult negotiations, disputes, important customers, etc.),
- Manage, animate and coordinate a team of technical sales representatives in charge of offers, quotes and technical support, ensuring that technical offers are relevant to customer needs.
- Define the appropriate regional sales organization, the human and material resources required and, if necessary, the team’s training needs,
- Within the framework of an annual marketing communication budget allocated to you, you decide on the most relevant measures in your region, contributing to the achievement of your objectives.
- You ensure the settlement of trade receivables
- Ensure that the reporting rules are applied according to the defined rules (visit reports in SFDC, pipeline, APPTUS, etc.).
- You are the guarantor of the reliability of the data entered in SFDC to ensure a good level of information for commercial forecasts.
- Make sure that the rules and methods decided upon within the organization are respected and you are involved in their improvement.
- Your performance will be measured according to your indicators of turnover, margin rate, expenses.
- Embody ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, taking responsibility for your own actions while supporting your colleagues and the company.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- At least a Bac+2 with a specialization in electrical engineering or equivalent, ideally completed with a training in Commerce / Marketing.
- More than 5 years’ experience in direct sales and sales management in the industrial field or equivalent and at least 3 years’ experience in managing sales teams.
- Good knowledge of the electrical distribution market sector and installers
- Fluent written and spoken French & English
- A lot of travel is to be expected
- Experience in marketing, business development, account management and cross-selling across systems, solutions, products and service categories.
- Understanding of contract negotiation, risk management and commercial and legal terms.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills, customer-focused mindset and a professional, “can-do” attitude.
View & Apply