Regional Service Line Manager -Europe, North Africa and Russia / CIS (Cement Industry)
Seize Global Opportunities
Do you want to make a difference in the world and contribute to a sustainable future? We believe we can develop the technology and gain the know-how to make that difference, tackling the climate challenge. It’s a big responsibility, and we have committed to do it. We have launched our ambition, MissionZero – enabling our customers to move towards zero emissions in mining and cement. We need your skills, curiosity, and drive for change to fulfil our goal. Together, we enable our customers to produce the materials needed for a better future
Can you establish and implement as winning service sales strategy? Are you driven by selling as well as enabling others to sell service offerings such as installation services, equipment inspections and advanced digital services? This could be your chance to unfold your technical and commercial insight Regional Service Line Manager. Apply for the position and become part of a dynamic sales team servicing our cement customers with everything from large scale EPC projects to parts and services for their daily operations.
Grow the business by matching solutions with customer needs
You and your colleagues in the team have one major and overriding objective which is to serve our customers by matching our offerings with their business needs. You use your considerable industry, service and customer know-how to listen to the market and enable your sales team to build sustainable business growth through service sales.
We know you have a life outside of work which is why we offer a range of benefits that allow you to plan your life accordingly. We therefore endeavour to promote a lifestyle that meets your individual needs while also enabling you to be fully engaged at work.
- Develop a strategy for increasing our service sales e.g. through bundling installation with equipment sales, making long term inspection service agreements or similar.
- Set direction for the service sales activities and manage the pipeline in Europe, North Africa and Russia/CIS primarily in the cement industry.
- Define if we should operate in related industries to increase sales and level out our utilization across seasons.
- Be active on site when making large installation proposals and selling the service to our customers.
- Motivating and supporting our local based Site Sales Managers (generalists) to enable them to identify opportunities within service offerings.
- Work closely with the Global Service Line Management team when launching global initiatives into the region and ensuring prober sales support to your team.
- Collect feedback from customers on the performance of our services hereunder how to improve our offerings to reflect their needs.
- Know the competition landscape in the region and develop a strategy for place FLSmidth in the best position for success.
- Support customers in optimizing their profitability in a sustainable way by applying the best solutions from the service portfolio.
- Engage in- and contribute to the regional sales management team of 10 people which you will be part of in your daily work.
What you bring
You have sound product experience and solid commercial background. * You have considerable experience within services especially installation and on-site services.
- You have commercial work experience from the cement industry, preferably working with products bundled with aftermarket services.
- You have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering and preferably added a Business degree hereto or have build-up a product line management and/or proven sales record.
- You are comfortable maneuvering in an international and multi-cultural setting and know how to behave between geographical, cultural and social diversities.
- You will have many touch points both internally as well as with our customers why your ability of working with others is essential in this position.
- Working in a market that mirrors growth potential you use your energy and great ideas to generate ambitious strategies for realizing this growth.
- You implement activities with a positive attitude and work persistently to support and actively engage in closing the next sale and achieve the targets.
Your base station is preferably in our office in Valby, Denmark but can also be in one of our many offices in Europe wherefrom you are expected to travel approx. 80 days/year visiting customers. You should be fluent in English..
What We Offer
When you join FLSmidth, you take off for a career in an international environment, where you always work with the latest technologies – whether you are building a plant in the desert or working in a city office. You will be trusted to complete your projects your own way, without an A-Z manual, and you will work with customers, suppliers and colleagues all over the world. Further, you will receive individual training and education – and have the flexibility to balance your work life with your private life.
As an equal opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply – the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is.
Application and contact
Questions about the position may be directed to Vice President, Jens Peter Koch at email@example.com or +4530933445. Application deadline is 15th of August, but we will proceed with interviewing relevant candidates before the deadline.
Please state where you saw the ad and have reference no. R11336 ready at hand when you contact us. Only applications submitted through our online application system / homepage will be considered.
No recruiters and unsolicited agency referrals please.
FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries – for more information please visit