Risk manager, Helsinki
At Valio, people have always looked forward. Today, we are an ambitions and international food company whose products are sold in 60 countries. We encourage our people to experiment and learn, and we are proud of our warm and supporting company culture.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and forward- looking risk manager who will continue to develop Valio’s risk management processes and culture in all businesses both in Finland and abroad. The position is permanent, as our current risk manager will retire at the beginning of 2022.
The risk management team within Valio’s financial organization is responsible for the global ERM process, the development and implementation of risk management practices in business operations and subsidiaries. Our team is responsible for Valio Group global insurance programs as well as local insurances in Finland. The primary location of the position is our head office in Helsinki, but the position also requires visiting our production and warehouse sites and, from time to time to our subsidiaries abroad.
The most important tasks in your area of responsibility:
- Act as the key person in charge of the ERM process and ensure its progress according to the agreed schedule
- Develop the Valio Group’s risk management process and methods, and promote the integration of risk management tools into everyday management and decision-making, and coach the organization for risk management work
- Maintain a holistic view of group-level risks and ensure that management has an up-to-date picture of the most significant changes in the risk field
- Take Valio’s risk portfolio into account by insurance solutions and loss prevention activities, together with the team’s insurance expert
- Development and use of risk management models, e.g. in business continuity planning
- Promote co-operation between different safety functions, e.g. HSEQ
To help you in succeeding in this role you have:
- 3-5 years’ of experience in developing ERM processes and practices preferably in a globally operating company or in a consultancy
- A solid understanding of business and real processes of a manufacturing company (risk assessment based on income statement)
- Ability to see the big picture: identify different types of risks and their interdependencies, and potential impact to the business
- Analytical way of working, yet ability to describe and present complex matters in a pragmatic and inspiring way
- Ability to influence and engage people through your collaborative and facilitative way of working
- Experience of working with ISO standards (like 31000) and loss prevention practices (fire safety, project and contractual risks etc.) including knowledge of relevant legislation
- General understanding of various insurance lines
- Fluency in English and Finnish, other languages (Swedish, Russian) are a plus
We offer you:
- Inspiring work and challenges that give you opportunities to grow every day and develop your expertise
- Broad opportunities of an international and forward-looking food company
- Skilled colleagues and a warm, open and supporting company culture
- Great possibilities to work flexitime and remotely
We pay attention to, among other things, employee well-being and engagement at work and workplace safety with various metrics. You will also have access to the benefits of a large, renowned Finnish food company. It is a great honor for us that Valio has been chosen, for the eighth time in the row, as the most sustainable brand in Finland*).
More information from SVP Finance Panu Brofeldt who will be happy to answer your questions:
12.8.2021 at 11-12.30
16.8.2021 at 10-11am (GMT +3)
Please leave your application through the application link latest August 22nd. Applications are processed actively throughout the search period, so be sure to leave your application, CV and salary request as soon as you can.
At Valio, we work together to make life better. Our innovative community develops and produces nutritious food products that are loved by our consumers in 60 countries. We are Finland’s biggest food exporter. We are driven by responsible mindset in everything that we do, and together with our partners, our goal is to make our milk carbon neutral by 2035.
Valio is a company owned by Finnish family farmers, employing over 4,000 people around the world in various career fields. Our priority is that our people can grow and develop in their work, and we want to give them the best ingredients for doing it.
(*European organisation Sustainable Brand Index)
Application period starts: 2021-08-06 13:00Application period ends: 2021-08-22 23:59