Senior Specialist, Modelling & Analytics Technical Management
DK, Aarhus N | Management | Full-Time | ID: 16163
Are you enthusiastic about data, analytic and reporting technologies? Do you have experience working within digital product development management? And do you have good stakeholder management skills?
If yes, then you might be the Senior Specialist, we are looking.
Applications, Controls & Electrical
Modelling & Analytics Technical Mngmt
In Vestas Power Solutions, Modelling & Analytics Module is looking for a skilled Senior Specialist for our data, analytics & reporting systems. We shape the future of renewable energy through our digital technologies for renewable power plant design and autonomous operation.
You will be part of a diverse and creative senior technical management team that sets the bar high and implements an innovative roadmap towards renewable energy leadership. The group is dedicated to initiating and running complex, large-scale, innovative initiatives covering product management and system architecture. You will be the voice of product strategy, business owners, and users of our solutions, such as surveillance, predictive maintenance, and performance & availability reporting platforms. You will expand capabilities and maintain relations to harden our image as a trusted partner.
- Responsible for defining and supporting the building of desirable and sustainable products that meets business needs
- Engage with stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements and facilitate benefit, user journey, and story mapping workshop sessions
- Initiate and lead large-scale developments. Coordinate with stakeholders, formulate problem statements, define product completion, and prioritize initiatives for timely delivery
- Continuously maintain the long-term epic level roadmap. Collaborate with System Architect to create the architectural runway, technical roadmap, and enablers in time
- Engage and energize the agile teams to achieve significant goals
- Collaborate with the module management team, and provide input to the module and product strategy
- Significant working experience within digital product development management or similar role
- 7+ years of experience within the data, analytics, or reporting area – hands-on, architect, or leader
- Experience implementing best practices around agile software product management, business-driven product requirements
- Familiarity with large technical project organizations – scaled agile or global/distributed team setup
- Experience in encouraging decisions and alignment across business and technical teams
- Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall approaches, would be beneficial
- BA within Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics would be beneficial
- A genuine interest in both people and tech
- Can cut through the uncertainty
- Understand and communicate technical designs, challenges, and risks
- Robust problem statement formulation, addressing features and acceptance criteria, translate solution thinking to needs
- Solid organizational skills to handle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Motivation for data, analytic, and reporting technologies
What we offer
We offer an exciting opportunity to be part of a skilled senior technical management team, leading the digital transition of renewable energy production technologies. You will have the chance to join our exciting Modular Product Development journey, and work in an inspiring and international environment across our entire value chain. The department spans our 3 development centers in Chennai, Porto, and Aarhus.
Your work location will be in either Aarhus, Denmark; Porto, Portugal or Chennai, India, depending on the right candidate.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, so please apply online no later than 6th of October 2021.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact Module Design Owner, Sven Jesper Knudsen +45 5083 4773. Due to holiday (9th of July until 2nd of August), please send a text message, then he will get back to you.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at and follow us on our social media channels