Supply Chain Business Analyst
DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 15957
Do you want to be part of the Global IT team in Vestas and be accountable for all IT offerings for our Value Chain business applications? Then you might be our new Supply Chain Business Analyst within the Solutions department team
You will join Vestas Solutions department as part of Vestas Global IT organisation. We are accountable for all IT offerings for our Value Chain business applications (R&D, Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Transport, and Logistics, Finance and Human Resources), from early idea and innovation through project, operation, optimisation and finally decommissioning. We act as advisors for our business units, establishing and accelerating technology implementation and enabling business strategy powered by IT. The department bridges business and IT, and together with key stakeholders in our business units we deliver IT Strategy, value, roadmaps, designs and plan deliveries, ensuring a robust operation through our partners. This position will provide advisory services to Vestas Solution management team, IT Business Partners and E2E Design authority, enabling decision-making based on data
You will join to a consulting team which is in charge of supporting our internal business customers to solve complex strategic Supply Chain questions, setting data driven strategies considering our full data flow throughout our Value Chain. You will have the methodological responsibility for process development and standards, as well as for providing key insights on process performance and delivery management metrics & KPIs, providing data to improve our customers’ journeys by enabling “one shared truth” E2E based on standard.
- Partner with internal teams to define and implement solutions that improve internal business processes.
- Identify, assess, estimate, and solve complex business challenges, where analysis of situations/scenarios or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors including security.
- Support Global IT to bring our Business stakeholders engagement to the next level, building trust, in order to accelerate our business transformations fueled by data & technology
- Solve Operations tasks to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantage
- Contribute to improve our business cases by leveraging your knowledge on data management in complex scenarios integrated across Business Units or corporate Functions
- Evaluate sophisticated business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insights to decision-makers, improving our customers experience
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences, providing recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge
- Relevant science, technology, engineering or mathematics master or degree
- Above 1 years of experience in an innovative environment (data lake, big data…) working with Supply Chain problems, providing E2E insights based on data related to processes like Demand Planning, Demand Management, Supply Planning, Production Planning and Execution, Fulfilment, Transportation, Inventory Management, Inventory Optimisation, S&OP…
- Experience in establishing prerequisites for IT systems integrations, securing data consistency across
- Experience with visualisation tools
- Strategic business awareness
- Desired background in Data & Analytics consulting or as a Business insights analyst
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply and clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to provide facts about how our business processes are performing in an E2E operational perspective
- Critical, strategic and value thinker
- Interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, being able to influence with a fact-based approach based on data and business insights, and creating storylines and visualising information to be self-explanatory and easy to understand for the reader
- Ability to translate IT complexity into understandable Operational insights to facilitate our customers decision-making
- Curious, with native interest in continuously develop your knowledge and understanding, as well as having a willingness to share your knowledge
- “Live” our core values of Accountability, Collaboration, Simplicity and Passion
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
What we offer
We are an agile and action-oriented organisation, where you will be able to deliver strategy and value and, afterwards, track on it. We offer you an opportunity where you will be enriching our advisory on IT strategy across our Value Chain solutions by adding the data point of view as key input for our policy making. You will be a part of a department composed of good professionals with extensive experience, who you can get support from and enter a knowledge discussion with. Vestas are going through a process of maturing, industrializing and digitalizing our processes, and therefore will you be able the have an enormous impact on Vestas’ future. Vestas is a large matrix organisation, which is an ideal place to skilled your stakeholder management abilities and soft skills
Your work location will be Aarhus, Denmark.
Please apply no later than 30th July 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at and follow us on our social media channels