Requisition ID: 99552
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, DevOps, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the Bank develops analytics applications, and manages our Analytics IT infrastructure. As part of the Analytics DevOps & Ops team, the incumbent will provide leadership and support including deployment scripting, test environment management, deployments, integration with relevant platforms, non-functional testing, performance & capacity management, disaster recovery, and ensure adherence to all IT standards.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing all stages of the analytics life cycle.
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Create and support Test Automation and Continuous Integration & Deployment methodology/tooling. System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Work with data scientists and data engineers to architect analytic solutions
- Create documentation including design, procedures, operational support artifacts
- Production support and escalation during the day as well as off-hours.
- Providing sound and rapid recommendations for immediate workarounds or resolutions that minimizes unplanned production outages.
- Work with data scientists to deploy analytics solutions through to production.
- Change management
- Work with data scientists and data engineers to implement modern development standards and tools, working with various data scientist teams facilitating
- Incorporate feedback into process and platform to smooth transition to modern analytics practices.
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large scale applications with complex integration and have cloud-based deployment experience. At least 2 years of this experience must be in fully automating analytics deployment process and working with CI/CD tools. The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with Kubernetes and Helm Charts in production environments.
- Jupyter notebook experience and Spark experience an asset.
- Monitoring tools such as TICK stack, Prometheus, ELK stack.
- Knowledge of scanning software such as Veracode, SonarQube or IQ Server a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in securing data both in transit and at rest (data encryption, PKI, TLS, HTTPS).
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always available service.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git) and build tools (Gradle). Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Experience with No-SQL databases, Microsoft Azure and GCP cloud platforms,
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Python, Groovy, Java and Ansible experience a strong asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
View & Apply