Requisition ID: 100062
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Associate Data Engineer, Canadian Business Banking
This role contributes to the overall success of Business Intelligence and MIS in Canadian Business Banking ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives while ensuring all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Associate Data Engineer supports development, ongoing management and enhancement of Business Banking data infrastructure to enable development and management of Business Intelligence, Business analytics and Data Science vision for the Business Bank.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Supports the development and management of database and Business Intelligence for Business Banking
- Build data architecture for Business Banking
- Develop new or enhance features across the platform: data pipelines, new datasets, efficient interfaces, and interactive visualizations using Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Architect the generation of powerful datasets to bring successful analytics to market
- Ensure data architecture encompasses all business lines and segments for Business Banking, 30+ source systems as well as all data dimensions including but not limited to client demographics, balance sheet & revenue information, operational & sales activity data
- Learn the business strategy and generate ideas for insightful tools
- Ensure data integrity and timely availability of data for generation of accurate and timely Business Intelligence and analytics
- Ensure data ingested and produced in the database has gone through rigorous data integrity checks including but not limited to comparison against financial reporting systems
- Work with data users to ensure datasets produced meet their analytic needs
- Ensure data is available on a timely basis for generation of daily, weekly, monthly Business Intelligence as well as ad hoc analytic needs
- Enable quick speed to market for new data needs for the Business Bank·
- Ensure analytic environment supports high powered computing, multiple software applications, multi-tenancy, data storage, data backup and other infrastructure needs for the analytics team·
- Actively bring cutting edge data solutions and next generation technology to Scotiabank
- Keep abreast with latest database technology and data solutions
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience / Other Information:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science – preferred
- 2+ years of data engineering and software experience
- Experience with Python and/or Scala required
- Detailed experience in the following: Unix, Mainframe, SQL, SAS, other programming tools required
- Experience with large data sets and working with Hadoop, NoSQL databases, Cassandra, HDFS, and/or graph databases strongly preferred
- Hands-on development in a distributed data environment an asset
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools: Power BI, Tableau
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong prioritizing and analytical skills
- The role requires a high degree of collaboration across wide ranging groups: Global Banking & Markets (GBM); GBP; Finance, Wealth Management, Retail Small Business, and various Business Banking areas.
- Strong technical skills in Math, Computer Science or related fields
- Excellent design and delivery capabilities
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
View & Apply