Director of Marketing
The overall scope of the Director of Marketing is to assist the Director of Sales & Marketing to position and promote Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates and outlets as the market leader ensuring compliance with the brand Kempinski.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Develop and agree the hotel marketing plan with the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Pro-actively promote rooms, food and beverage outlets, conference and events, or any other activity with potential to drive revenue
- Plan and create promotions and packages together with the relevant departments, i.e. F&B, Revenue, Spa etc…and incorporate a multi-channel approach to all activitiesConduct competition analysis on a regular basis and review positioning of key revenue driving areas
- Understand market trends and target customer in order to develop appropriate campaigns and maximize revenues
- Liaise with relevant agencies to deliver campaigns (Marketing, PR, Creative, Brand)
- Finalise and manage marketing budget keeping track of actual versus planned marketing budgets and providing input and recommendations as needed regarding reallocation of funding.
- Forecast ROI for each activity, tracks results (ROI) of all marketing initiatives, including online, direct mail and print advertising and review spend where relevant
- Responsible for overseeing development of content for both offline and online activities.
- Regularly review hotel information on the intranet, kempinski.com, GHA and other third party websites to ensure it is up to date and relevant.
- Develop annual plan of all content needs across all channels including brand website, GHA, KENT newsletter, social media sites.
- Plan and supervise photo shoots developing shot list while keeping goals of the property and brand image in mind.
- Develop videography supported by Director of Sales & Marketing, creative agency and Kempinski corporate team.
- Responsible for ensuring that all collateral and communication complies with the Kempinski brand guidelines
- Maintain updates of corporate marketing guidelines informing and updating colleagues accordingly.
- Communicate and coordinate with external partners including but not limited to Kempinski corporate office, Kempinski regional office, marketing agencies, public relations agency, tourism boards etc..
- Support corporate and regional initiatives as per deadlines
- Keep up to date with Marketing trends and tools to enhance the continual learning process and make recommendations to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Network with colleagues in similar positions in the local hospitality and tourism industries, as well as other potential business related industries.
- 6-8 years experience in the hotel marketing department
- Proficient at usage of Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Proficient understanding of the Marketing Principle fundamentals, concepts, tools and practices
- Experience in developing and running Marketing campaigns and their analysis
- In depth understanding of GCC market
- Previous work experience in the GCC
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.