Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces across Canada.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution, transmission, and substation infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, mining companies, government, and contractors. We are driven to build long term relationships with our customers and employees. Our drive to innovate and improve everything we touch, has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
We currently have an opening for a Distribution Engineer in our desirable Kelowna, BC office.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Technical review of utility and private distribution designs produced by Engineers & Technologists.
- Technical mentorship of Engineers & Technologists
- Design of underground and overhead electrical infrastructure
- Electrical and mechanical engineering calculations for underground and overhead systems
- Lighting design and analysis
- Project estimating and material take-offs.
- Coordination with customers, municipal authorities, other utilities & various project stakeholders
- Project research using GIS mapping software.
- Off-site meetings and site checks
- Other duties as required.
The eligible candidate should possess:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil or Electrical preferred)
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in the electric utility or consulting engineering environment, ideally with experience in design and cost estimating of electrical distribution projects.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships conducted in a professional manner.
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (marketing, drafting, construction, survey, and civil) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and drive for improvement.
- Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Familiarization with FortisBC and BC Hydro design and construction standards
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Experience with distribution design tools such as AutoCAD, PLS-CADD, AGI32, CYME and MS Office
Job Posting Closes March 31, 2021
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in to .
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see for this and other positions we are recruiting.
The Home Depot
View & Apply