St. Lawrence Seaway
Saint Catharines, ON
Location: St. Catharines
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Assignment : Temporary
The Engineer – Electrical performs electrical engineering work, in the field and at the office, related to feasibility studies, design, construction and maintenance of the Corporation’s infrastructure and assets to meet operating requirements, and ensure the reliability of the Seaway system.
- Conduct inspections, assessments, feasibility studies, and various analyses.
- Conduct and/or oversee the completion of designs, specifications and drawings for all assigned work, in accordance with Engineering principles, codes, standards and regulations.
- Responsible for the delivery of all technical engineering deliverables/tasks to achieve project objectives within specified timelines and budgets.
- Ensure the final commissioning and start up of all new works to a fully operating state.
- Provide expert assistance in Electrical Engineering, and participate in the medium and long term plannning of infrastructure maintenance.
- Prepare budgets and manage expenditures within approved limits.
- Provide support to operational safety programs and initiatives as required.
- Ensure application of health, safety and environmental standards meet legislated requirements and company policy.
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Solving Complex Problems
- Project Management
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Results Focus
- Electrical Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Regulatory Compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in the language(s) of the position’s location
- Proficiency in applicable computer applications, tools and related office software (Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.)
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in the design, inspection, evaluation and rehabilitation of electrical systems, maintenance techniques and project management, including experience in troubleshooting in the manufacturing area.
- Knowledge of PLC, SCADA and control systems, interface and communication protocols such as Modbus, Ethernet, TCP/IP and OPC.
- General understanding of budget management and financial controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree en Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer license in the Province of Ontario (PEO) or Member of l’Ordre des ingéneurs du Québec
- Valid Class G (ON) or Class 5 (QC) driver’s license and insurable driving record
Projected start date: 08/10/2020
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Dedicated to the principles of employment equity. the St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation is committed to building an inclusive, barrier-free workplace and encourages women, members of a visible minority group, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities to apply.