ReasonML / React Developer
Prezzee is a digital gift card business and Australia’s largest eGift Card marketplace. The business is four years old and we are about to commence the next chapter of our growth, including expansion into international markets.
Our business is built around three core products, namely:
- Prezzee Classic – our B2C solution providing digital gift cards in a one-to-one relationship.
- Prezzee Business – our B2B solution allowing businesses to send gift cards at scale (up to 50,000) to staff and clients.
- Prezzee Marketplace – our integrated ‘white labeled’ gift card delivery solution where we fulfil orders for other acquiring channels.
Prezzee currently comprises of a team of over 40 professionals servicing and supporting our hero product, the proprietary Prezzee smart e-gift card. With this card, you can access over 130 Australian retailers like Myer, David Jones, Bunnings, Coles, The Iconic, to name a few. We also offer gift cards for use in the USA, NZ, and UK. Our clients include major buy now pay later operators like Zip and Afterpay as well as corporates like QBE, HSBC, Coca-Cola Amatil, and the like. Whilst Prezzee’s original purpose was to make the giving of a gift card ‘easy’ we now see ourselves as a payment solution.
Prezzee has a range of exciting web projects underway which will change how our customers experience our products. To assist us on this journey we are looking for an experienced ReasonML / React Frontend Engineer who will work with our amazing delivery teams to give magic to our customers. You will be a technical expert, with incredible attention to detail and a passion to deliver best-in-class user experiences. You will contribute to design and problem-solving sessions, fostering a collaborative approach to drive innovative outcomes. You will always advocate the customer’s perspective and will never compromise.
What you will do at Prezzee:
- Bring our wireframes and UX designs to life with incredible attention to detail and accuracy
- Be part of a cross-functional delivery team operating in a Scrum way of working
- Contribute to coding standards and practices, to ensure the delivery of quality and clean testable code for our web apps
- Demonstrate strong technical expertise, ensuring at all times there is a team focus on minimising solution complexity and maximising reusability
- Troubleshoot and debug applications as required and provide support to the team to do so
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Ensure all appropriate documentation for frontend systems is developed and maintained
- Contribute to a strong sense of ‘team’ and encourage an inclusive and fun work environment
A little bit about yourself:
- You love what you do second only to putting the customer at the front of every decision
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where systems and processes are still developing
- You want to help evolve our dynamic work environment and enjoy seeing others succeed
- You will be energetic, enthusiastic yet considered and calm under pressure
- You are able to speak up and be heard, you are driven, and ready to really make your mark on a global scale, thriving on success
On the technical side, you have:
- A strong understanding of algorithm complexity, data structures, concurrency & systems performance
- Demonstrated experience in ReasonML, React, or OCaml
- Experience with creating Living Styleguides and tools such as StoryBook would be an advantage
- Demonstrated professional experience with the ability to deliver high-quality battle-tested code
- Built frontend systems with modern development frameworks, and experience with microservices architecture
- Worked with authentication schemes before (e.g. OAuth2, JWT)
At Prezzee, we are givers. Our products enable gift-giving, but we are so much more than that. Our values are the wrapping paper around our ideal shared people experiences. Our values are to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most of all, always give a damn.
Some extra goodies
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you every day (and expect you to challenge them back)
- Generous employee referral program and staff discounts
- Our office has a fully equipped kitchen (you are welcome to cook for the entire team whenever you want) as well as end of trip facilities for those of you that like to exercise or ride to/from work
- Work-life integration and genuine flexibility is our natural norm
- Wellbeing is important too – it always comes first. everyone is set up for success and empowered to do their best work either in the office or at home.
View & Apply