Graduate JAVA Software Developer | 2022 Intake
Commencement date: February 2022
Are you looking for a graduating role where your work will be used in actual production, and have direct impact on our trading business? We are committed to building up and equipping today’s graduates to become tomorrow’s leaders.
As a Graduate Developer, you will receive comprehensive 8-week training in our Hong Kong headquarters, where you will rotate through our various teams across Software Development, Quant, and IT Operations. You’ll also receive ongoing on-the-job training with an experienced mentor. You will get to work at a leading options market maker in Asia and learn from an experienced team of software engineers working at the cutting edge of technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop in-house trading system software, including functionality such as order management, position keeping, pricing and risk management
- Participate in code testing and reviews
- Collaborate with Trading & Quant teams to gather system requirements when necessary
- Provide Tier 3 application support
What you offer
- A final year or recent graduate in Computer Science, or other related disciplines with a strong emphasis on programming
- Demonstrable development experience in Java, preferably from significant academic project work, open source contributions or professional work experience. Please summarize your development experience and provide a link if applicable.
- Experience with network socket programming and the Linux kernel a plus but not essential
- A passion for financial markets however detailed knowledge and experience is NOT required
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
What we offer
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment where the focus is on getting things done efficiently instead of working long hours
- A flat management structure where everyone’s opinion is valued
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry, and direct impact on trading
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.