As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be part of a small, highly focused team responsible for delivery of highly scalable and robust services within Global Relay’s platform.
You will work directly in code to design testing solutions for web applications and API services of a large scale system. You will support the team’s release and testing efforts while growing and maintaining automated coverage and frameworks.
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Write code to support development of automated frameworks and tests
- Contribute to decisions in the architecture and design of test frameworks
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Maintain test infrastructure and tools
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Conduct test reviews, improve and maintain quality of the test coverage
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 3 years of automation development experience
- Strong understanding of Python or Java
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as pytest or JUnit
- Experience with testing practices in an agile environment
- Experience testing backend services or APIs
Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Testing web applications with Selenium WebDriver
- Testing performance with JMeter or similar tools
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Big data technology such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka or SQL
- Network principles and protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness. We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in eight other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association
- Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Platinum
- Technology Fast 50 – Leadership
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world’s largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.
How to Apply
Think you’re a great fit for this job? Please apply here: with your cover letter and resume.To learn more about us and other career opportunities, please visit
View & Apply