CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations.
Due to ongoing growth and success in the province of BC, CGI Vancouver is seeking an experienced QA Engineer (Test Automation) to join our world-class IT solution company. The successful candidate will possess strong QA domain knowledge including QA methodologies, Test Design/Execution/Automation and Reporting.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
With support from the QA Lead, this role will assist in implementing QA standard methodologies, focusing on Test Automation:
- Work closely with the project team, client and various partners to drive and execute QA Deliverables
- Responsible for design and execution of Test Cases (both Automated and Manual), Bug Tracking, Defects Triage, Test Reporting, Test Data preparation and Test Environments management
- Participate in identification of project risks and timely communication to Management Team
- Coordinate meetings and test sessions with the various internal teams and the client to review the test artifacts, prioritization of testing/bugs, demo sessions
- Participate in all other related project work as defined by the Team Manager
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of recent software QA experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in developing Test Automation (Selenium and C# would be an asset)
- Proficient in Functional, Non-Functional Testing, Integrations, UAT support, developing and executing Test Cases and Test Summary Reports
- Experience in working with Agile and Waterfall development projects
- Proven understanding of API testing and familiarity with XML, JSON, HTML, SQL, SOAP, REST, web standards, testing Windows and web applications/services
- Experience with SQL and familiar with databases, such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB
- Knowledgeable about tools like Jira, Azure DevOps, Karate, SoapUI, Jenkins
- Familiar with CI/CD process and QA role in it – working experience configuring CI jobs for test automation orchestration
- Experience with Performance Testing
- Experience with Usability Testing
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Automated Testing
- Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.