Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada’s Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
By joining our team, you will be asked to contribute to the various stages of project execution, including proposals, analysis studies for industrial power systems, detailed engineering, equipment specifications, site surveys, site monitoring and commissioning of substation equipment while benefitting from BBA’s network of recognized experts who will support you in carrying out your mandates and in your career development
Among other tasks, you will be expected to apply established calculation and design methods when preparing plans, lists of materials, lists of cables, technical specifications and estimates. You will also be expected to carry out various project steps at electrical substations.
Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of professional services and maintaining positive client relationships.
More specifically, you will be asked to:
- Help with detailed engineering projects.
- Design and read diagrams and drawings.
- Draft technical documents, calculation notes, specifications and study reports.
- Apply and improve established work methods.
- Participate in project management (execution, costs, schedules).
- Participate in coordination meetings either internally or with clients.
- Carry out site surveys.
- Provide site supervision.
- Participate in commissioning substation equipment.
- Honest and trustworthy; adhere to BBA’s ethics and values
- Rigour and attention to detail
- Independent in managing relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to inspire the trust and respect of others and create a positive climate for teamwork
- Proactive and ability to promote own skills to peers as well as internal and external clients
- Resourceful and innovative in finding solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Three or fewer years of experience in engineering as well as reading and preparing diagrams and wiring plans
- Available for short-term assignments (mandatory) and long-term assignments (asset) to client sites across Canada
- Knowledge of MS Office and other database applications
- Basic knowledge of HV/MV/LV apparatus and safety in electrical installations
- Bilingual (English and French) spoken and written
- Ability to draft technical documents in both English and French
- Asset: Diploma from the Institut en génie de l’énergie électrique (IGEE)
- Asset: Knowledge of power systems (HV, MV, LV)
- Asset: knowledge of ETAP, EasyPower, CYME and EMTP-RV software
- Asset: graduate degree (master’s or doctorate)
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.
View & Apply