Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
About the Role
Datacom – Local Government is a vibrant and innovative business division working closely with NZ and Australian Councils to build a leading-edge ERP system that will take on the big boys.
You have the opportunity to help improve your council’s IT systems so they can provide 1st class service. Our goal is to revolutionise an industry that has been technology adverse for years.
We strive to have a friendly fast-moving collaborative environment where all staff can be engaged to help produce a world-class solution that we all can be proud of. We have flexible working from home arrangement where we are working 2 days in office 3 at home. This is not your average “app development” career.
Even the most experienced developers in this position will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill set in many advanced areas. Datacom believes it is critical to encourage personal development to have a successful team.
The Developer role is responsible for the core coded business logic for the developed application or platform. It will be their job to understand the business requirements for a feature or component of the application or platform and deliver the code to fulfil those requirements.
A developer should be intimately familiar with the languages and design patterns used in the application and strive to deliver code that is well structured and maintainable.
They will be responsible for working with the relevant domain team members to ensure that all solutions are developed/coded and configured (including reporting) to ensure that the solution achieves the intended business requirements.
This opportunity does not come around every day. Be part of the team to bring a genuine born in the cloud full ERP system to market.
- Strong C#, .Net, MS SQL, Rest Api’s
- An ability to quickly and clearly understand new development requirements
- Strong communication skills are a must as the role will involve dealing with multiple stakeholders
Nice to have skills
- React, MVC skills
- .Net Core
- Devexpress, SpecFlow, xUnit would also be great to have
- It is of further benefit for those applicants who have previously worked with ERP’s or CRM’s. eg: SAP, Dynamics
- Providing input into the feature design stage, estimation and sprint planning
- Work with Product Manager, BA, Dev Lead, and domain team to design and deliver customer outcomes
- Understand the business domain at a high level, and understand the feature & functions you are working on at a detailed level
- Work with QA to design and run key functional tests as part of development activity
- Work with the Business Analyst to resolve gaps or ambiguities in the functional design
- Document the development done, including testing performed and any areas of risk or requiring QA focus
- Develop code in a clear, maintainable way with a focus on ease of use & performance.
- Be familiar with development frameworks and platform capabilities and use established, common design patterns. Develop for re-use wherever possible
Why you want to join us
At Datacom we believe that doing good, is good for business. We’ve maintained our local family feel whilst expanding globally, across Australia, ASIA, US and the UK. Our brand and reputation depend on ‘proving the promise’ and we aspire to be the trusted advisor for our customers across Government and the private sector from enterprise scale to regional business. We offer our staff a competitive salary package, fantastic perks and benefits like healthcare, life insurance, discounts at local retailers and a supportive, flexible working environment. If you want to join a company making a difference, apply now!