.NET SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- Career Stream – Development
- Position Brand – Non-Management Personnel
- Agilyx Canada Office, Victoria, BC
- Agilyx Australia Office, Sydney
- Agilyx New Zealand Office, Wellington
*Applicants must be able to work in these locations and/or already live there.
Director of Development
The primary purpose of this role is to:
- Develop software to specified business requirements
- Design and develop Agilyx Azure development projects
- Write customizations for the UBW ERP system
- Maintain Agilyx’s customizations and products
Agilyx is a change-ready technology services company. Our dedicated team is passionate about empowering organizations with business-leading technology solutions. Whether we’re implementing an ERP solution or providing a full system analysis, we’re driven to deliver valuable, long-term solutions matched with a world-class customer services team.
You’ll work closely with Implementation Consultants and the wider Development team to successfully deliver software products that allow our customers to succeed. As a Senior Developer, you’ll also coach and mentor junior developers and support the Director of Development in the smooth running of the Development Department.
- Develops designs based on documented requirements, including flowcharts, diagrams, models and development directions
- Develops software solutions using clear commented code and conducts unit testing following the software development life-cycle
- Analyzes and troubleshoots reported issues
- Defines and documents configuration specifications
- Performance tunes specific functions when necessary
- Perform unit testing of all work and document code as per guidelines.
- Write test scripts for Test-Driven Development when required.
- Triage reported software defects, debug issues, isolate issues and fix or identify appropriate workarounds or necessary design changes.
- Review user requirements to create designs and/or review design specifications to create technical specifications.
- Aid in the resolution of ambiguity in client processes where required as inputs for Business World or related processes
- Develops proof of concepts to demonstrate solutions
- Improves development operations by recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Supports and develops Developers by providing advice and coaching
- Participate in project planning and estimation
SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures on/off site.
- Uphold ISO27001 Information Security policies within the department and function.
- Comply with Environmental policies and procedures on/off site.
- This position has the authority to carry out the occupational health and safety responsibilities and accountabilities expected of it.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in developing applications using Microsoft frameworks and tools: .NET framework and Core C#, ASP.NET Core 5, Azure and Team Foundation Server
- Working knowledge of SQL and development with databases
- Has worked within a source-controlled environment
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
- Ability to take a project from high-level requirements through to project delivery
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented principles and software patterns
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Able to debug complex technical issues involving multiple system components
- Can work independently on small projects and tasks or with a team on larger projects
- Updates job knowledge by studying latest development tools and programming techniques
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter via . We would like to thank everyone in advance for applying as only those shortlisted will be contacted. Agilyx values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.