Job Title :
Job Category :
Job Status :
Reference Number :
Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada’s Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
Your role as an engineer will be to contribute to proposals, engineering, technology selection and implementation of industrial piping projects, primarily in the petrochemical, mining and metals and energy sectors.
More specifically, in joining our team, you’ll be asked to:
- Lead and participate in conceptual design studies.
- Lead the design of plans and specifications based on guidelines and participate in technical component.
- Carry out design calculations and ensure that design plans and documents meet guidelines as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain client relations to define needs.
- Prepare lists and bills of materials in accordance with codes, standards, drawings and other established methods while complying with the firm’s quality system requirements.
- Produce technical data sheets.
- Coordinate the work of drafters, designers and other team members in your discipline or the firm’s other disciplines.
- Where necessary, supervise contractors on site and serve as technical reference when commissioning or seeking solutions while on site.
- Serve as mentor and actively participate in sharing knowledge with the group.
- Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
Work Schedule :
- Adherence to the BBA code of ethics and values
- Strong ability to work as part of a team
- Independent and adaptable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- At least 15 years of piping experience in the heavy industry, mining and metals and energy sectors
- Knowledge of Navisworks, AFT Fathom, CAESAR and MS Office software
- Familiarity with ASME B31 piping codes
- Available to travel occasionally to other BBA offices
- Available for short-term assignments (mandatory) and long-term assignments (asset) to client sites in Québec and across Canada
- Asset: Bilingual – spoken and written (English/French)