Key Responsibilities Include
- Build and drive solutions using the technologies you and your team choose.
- Develop applications using modern technologies and tools such as React, Node.js, SQL, TypeScript etc.
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle from inception to implementation and support.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to create a technical vision for future products.
- Mentor and pair with other developers, honing your coding, software design and leadership skills.
- Pull data to analyze and communicate project effectiveness.
- Make appropriate decisions on trade offs between delivery and tech debt.
- Work effectively to collaborate across development groups and departments.
An Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following
- At least 8 years of experience as a software engineer building applications and service-based systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or physics is preferred.
- A proven history of effective application development in multiple languages and technologies.
- Experience developing full stack applications or other systems of similar complexity involving multiple distributed components.
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries.
- Ability to create software with reliability and error detection/compensation in mind.
- Expert level React and Node development skills.
- Ability to present to large groups and present technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Experience building an application from end to end, integrating multiple technology stacks.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to educate other team members on modern technologies and coding patterns.
- Concrete mentorship skills.
- Deep understanding of business metrics.