Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Vancouver’s cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Due to Covid, Scanline VFX is operating remotely until further notice. All open opportunities are for remote work unless otherwise stated.
Working with the Virtual Production Software Development leadership, the Real-Time Software Engineer innovates and solves complex challenges for real-time use. Their focus is high level and forward looking with a demonstrated ability to prioritize, partner, and implement new and improved technologies with Mixed Reality and Game Engines. They have advanced skills with C++ required for research and development.
- Develops and builds tools for Virtual Production team
- Leverages current technology research and development trends to innovate and advance Scanline VFX’s technologies
- Designs, implements, and release state-of-the-art components and applications for mission-critical, high performance, globally distributed systems
- Gathers requirements across large collaboration efforts that span multiplE departments and/or disciplines
- Writes technical briefs and user documentation
- Partner with software development leadership to identify and schedule tasks
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years demonstrated work experience with C++ is required
- Experience in real-time video encoding, and real-time streaming using standard protocols such as RTP
- Experience with GPU development using Cuda & OpenCL
- Basic DCC familiarity with Unreal, Unity
- Expert knowledge of a build and source control system (e.g. Plastic, Git)
- Expert knowledge Jenkins configuration and operations
- Good hands on experience with SQL/MySQL
- Strong knowledge of Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile methodology, test methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.
View & Apply