ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We’re growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers’ and employees’ lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on and about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Our goal is to build a robust, high performing, and scalable data platform that can support transactional, analytical, and various other workloads our customers deploy. Our data platform engineering team is responsible for building the core engines, persistence layer and tools supporting these use cases. This includes developing in-memory and on-disk data structures and algorithms, row/columnar stores, and caches. Given the ServiceNow platform footprint, even the smallest optimization can have a dramatic impact for our customers and our bottom line.
We are looking for systems level engineers who have experience with low level storage, memory, and CPU optimization to help us achieve those goals. You will work directly with other engineers on the Data Platform team in solving challenging problems in scaling and querying large data sets efficiently both vertically and horizontally.
What you get to do in this role:
- • Be part of a team of super-smart engineers building the next-gen database platform using and contributing to the latest open-source technologies
- • Analyze storage/memory/compute performance and scalability bottlenecks in the system to provide appropriate solutions
- • Improve reliability and observability by designing and building self-diagnostic and self-healing system capabilities
- • Build modules to efficiently manage multiple processes (startup/monitor/restart/shutdown) in both vertical and horizontal scale
What you bring to this role:
- • Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with deep knowledge of Operating systems or Database systems
- • Experience working on OS kernel, memory manager, and/or multi-threaded software modules
- • 5+ years of software development experience coding in C, C++, or equivalent low-level languages
- • Strong technical skills with a proven record of architecture (SMP/MPP) & design experience in building large scale distributed systems
- • Experience with cloud architecture is a plus
- • Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- • Excellent written, verbal communication and Inter-Personal skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 , or for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.