Requisition ID: 35121
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
SEM-Hatch is a joint venture between Hatch Ltd. and Sikumiut Environmental Management Ltd. providing engineering, construction and project management services in the province of Newfoundland & Labrador. SEM-Hatch is performing Engineering and Project Management Services for the Voisey’s Bay Mine Expansion project. Our client is currently in the construction phase of an underground mine. This mine expansion project is expected to produce about 40,000 tonnes of nickel per year and extend the life of the Voisey’s Bay operation until at least 2032.
We are interested in receiving resumes for Senior Electrical Field Engineer at the Voisey’s Bay Mine Site to support this project. This is a fly in/fly out operation with a two week on and two weeks off rotation for approximately one year.
- Provide on-site electrical engineering support by responding to RFIs, clarifying engineering deliverables, preventing or resolving construction problems.
- Maintain a close link with engineers of record (VBME and/or vendor), to ensure intent of design is achieved.
- Issue ‘Engineering Change Notices’ to contractors.
- Expedite engineering deliverables from design engineers.
- Review vendor/contractor submittals and as-builts.
- Generate redline drawings and Management of Change Notices.
- Interface with all on-site functional groups (construction, quality assurance, project controls, document control, other engineering disciplines).
- Prepare on-site designs c/w field sketches as required.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance, as well as mentor and assist with on-the-job training of engineers-in-training and designers;
- Ability to work and communicate positively within a team-based environment to ensure all deliverables are in conformance with engineering codes, standards, quality, schedule and budgetary restraints;
- Commitment to taking responsibility for job function and to look beyond their job function and task and understand how their work is used and influences others;
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality;
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Electrical Engineering degree is required and should be registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL);
- 10+ years of Electrical Engineering Experience is required;
- Experience in a Senior Electrical Engineering capacity is required;
- Experience in mining/industrial experience preferred;
- Experience working on a remote/northern site would be an asset
- Experience with engineering design, 3D modeling, specification writing, project and package management, project and construction management activities and client relations is relevant;
- Knowledge of electrical design tools and software;
- Knowledge of industry regulatory codes and standards;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to function with minimal supervision;
- Safety awareness;
- Other related duties as required.
To apply please submit an application before end of day November 9, 2020 to the “Careers” Section on our Hatch website, search “NL” for location.
All potential employees or Independent Contractors will be screened utilizing the following mechanisms:
- Criminal Records Check
- Pre-employment Medical and Drug Testing
- Reference Check
- Education Verification
SEM-Hatch recognizes the Impacts and Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation and the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu and Inuit workers have first preference for employment at the Voisey’s Bay Mine Site.
It also recognizes a commitment to give qualified workers from Labrador priority for employment opportunities. Innu Nation members and Nunatsiavut beneficiaries can also apply through Vale’s Aboriginal Employment Coordinators.
Please ensure you include your full name, address, community and province when applying.
SEM Hatch is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, please note that we will contact only those who meet the required qualifications.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
View & Apply