Sage Recruiting is looking for a Senior React Native Mobile Software Engineer to join the new Canadian division of a California-based SaaS company. Our client is an early-stage startup with over 20mm USD in funding from top silicon valley VC’s and founded/backed by serial entrepreneurs with over a billion dollars in combined startup exits!
We’re looking for a Senior React Native focused engineer to help build out their revolutionary, never before seen product for an industry that still relies on spreadsheets! The product has already made a major impact on the businesses of their clients that support a variety of integral industries, from hospitals to power plants to military facilities.
As Mobile Software Engineer you will be pioneering in building the client’s product and will be responsible for shipping software. We are looking for highly motivated self-starters who are dedicated to and willing to work in/with a team. If you’re interested in a fast-paced startup environment that uses modern tools and technologies, this could be a great fit!
What you will be doing:
- Write and document quality code that has at least 80% code coverage
- Improve and support GraphQL API
- Build and maintain event-driven and real-time systems and features
- Generate and develop components in React Native component library
- Enhance and scale React applications/components in a production environment
- Apply and implement documentation standards and serve as a mentor to other team members
- Build prototypes and provide feedback and recommendations
- Take ownership and responsibility of important technical decisions
- Provide technical design and code reviews to improve work technical quality
- Collaborate with the engineering team, managers, and other leaders
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or related fields.
- At least 1 year of experience as a senior engineer (more is better!)
- At least 5 years of professional working experience (outside of co-ops!)
- Familiarity with testing tools (we use Jest)
- Strong testing experience (functional & unit testing), software debugging, profiling, and performance monitoring.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An individual who can act as a mentor and can provide decisions for/and with the team
- Nice to have: experience with Material-UI component library, CI/CD environment development, Node.js, and React.js
View & Apply