As the Senior Quality Engineer in Test and Security Compliance , you are responsible for driving and ensuring the quality of the software, operation and security of the system. This includes the creation, evolvement, and tracking testing in concert with the establishment of appropriate test plans. The Quality Engineer will work and coordinate with the software engineers to measure and track and improve the quality metrics such as defects and coverage, security and risks. This role includes tracking the quality of issues and defects in production and ensuring that the issues are tracked and resolved appropriately.
The quality engineer will coordinate with other team members including DevOps, Developers, and CSO to make sure the software is always compliant with security and data privacy compliances such as GDPR, CCPA.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Create test plans that cover backend, frontend, DevOps, Integration, functional and non-functional (Security, Data Privacy, resiliency, durability, high availability) testing.
- Implement fully automated comprehensible, repeatable, and measurable regression test suites for new and existing functionality.
- Constantly create and integrate automated testing with Selenium or similar tools to test our user interface.
- Integrate the test suits with the DevOps pipeline to run in our CI-CD pipeline
- Identify, evaluate, report and document defects during the design and implementation phase.
- Continuously evaluate our data privacy and security policies, generate reports, and communicate the development team’s gaps.
- Ability to generate security reports, create documentation for business continuity and operation plans.
- Ability to work with AWS toolsets (code build/code pipeline) and Jenkins to run tests and get their report automatically sent to the team.
- Help with root cause analysis, which may identify issues in the API, DB, reporting, front end or even requirements.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the way we plan, develop, test and deploy our software.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5 years of testing experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a TDD environment
- Have worked with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Proven knowledge of development, deployment and testing automation
- Great communication and leadership skills.
- Work with compliance and security officers to develop and complete various documentation.
- Demonstrated ownership in the quality of the software you work on.
- Work collaboratively in a team of developers, product manager, QA, DevOps, UI/UX designer, Security officer, Data privacy officer and Customer Experience Managers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher education (Computer Science or related field is an asset)