Join one of Australia’s fastest-growing, purpose-led, ASX-listed fintech companies (#19 in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 2020 list) on a mission to become a unicorn.
This is a unique opportunity for a skilled .NET developer to take on a role to work on a variety of projects (migrations and greenfield) across multiple areas of the business. If you prefer to take on a full-stack role, you’re also welcomed to apply, we use React in our frontend apps.
Keen to join us? You need to be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident based in Sydney to apply.
About the company
Our vision is to bring financial wellness to all Australians. We’re doing this by building a world-class ecosystem of financial products that will help our customers make smarter money decisions.
As a team, we help each other be great, we take responsibility and we are obsessed with our customers. These behaviours are our non-negotiables.
About the job
As a Senior .NET developer, you’ll get to work on a variety of projects within our Wisr ecosystem. Some of the tasks we have been doing or are planning to do in the short term include: refactoring parts of our core monolith application and splitting it out in separate services where sensible, building RESTful APIs to expose functionality from existing services, maintain and expand the features of our existing systems and craft brand new applications as we deep-dive into the financial wellness space.
Our new front-end applications are being developed in React and all older ones are being migrated from AngularJS to React as well. If you’re keen on full-stack development, then this role can be expanded into a full-stack one.
Some common activities in this role include
- Working closely with your team to deliver user stories, ensuring they are well understood beforehand
- Sitting down with users to understand how are they using the product your team is building
- Writing well organized, intention-revealing, clean code, following SOLID principles
- Developing software using a TDD approach
- Participating in code reviews
- Build and manage CI/CD pipelines
You are acquainted with all phases of the SDLC and you have a passion for writing clean & maintainable code and testing it. You understand the value of automation and you’ll actively look to enrich our CICD pipeline to deliver high-quality work in a sustainable way.
You’ll have thorough knowledge and experience in
- .Net Framework 4+, C#, Asp.Net
- MS SQL and Entity Framework
- .Net Core 3+
- RESTful APIs best practices
- Unit testing
You’ll also have
- Experience with Azure DevOps or similar CI/CD tools
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development (desirable)
- Experience of Azure App Services, Functions or cloud platforms (desirable)
- Experience with IaC (desirable)
If applying for a full stack role, knowledge of React and a JS unit testing framework such as Jest is a must.
Besides your technical skills, you also understand that having domain knowledge of the product you’re building is essential to be a successful developer, and you’ll seek to make technical decisions that support the business goals.
The fun stuff @ Wisr
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Beautiful office space with a rooftop overlooking the Sydney Opera House
- Casual dress code (Chucks encouraged!)
- Great culture proven by our most recent eNPS of 85
- Fun team with frequent social events
- Table tennis and regular tournaments
- Arcade machine
- Relax in our massage-pod
How to Apply
Please apply here. Bonus points for a well-thought cover letter or a DM on LinkedIn that addresses the role specifically and how are you planning to make an impact at Wisr.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Wisr is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
NOTE: Please don’t talk yourself out of applying if you don’t “check all the boxes”. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Powered by JazzHR