Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world’s largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with advertised products with a high relevance bar and strict latency constraints. We consistently strive to improve the customer search and detail page experiences. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the Amazon vision.
If you have the passion to build heuristics as well as machine learned models based on large-scale datasets, then the Amazon Sponsored Products Relevance team is a great place to be. The ideal candidate would have worked on distributed systems such as building data-driven systems or infrastructure that handle requests at large-scale or both. Experience with Machine Learning will be a bonus. Overtime, we do expect you to learn about Machine Learning and how feature engineering is done within Amazon. The opportunity challenges you to bring both science and engineering together to identify the most relevant Ads on Amazon’s product detail pages. Your work will impact the user experience of millions of Amazon’s customers.
· Own scoping, designing and delivering software solutions that work at scale to solve complex business challenges and have wide cross-organizational impact;
· Coordinate with Data and Applied Scientists in the team in order to scope and design software solutions that maximize the impact of the developed Machine Learning models;
· Own strategy planning, prioritization, driving architectural decisions, and end-to-end project delivery;
· Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make business needs versus constraints tradeoffs;
· Develop best practices to build and operate critical platform services and reusable assets.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience working with high-performance scalable systems
· Experience in online advertising
· Hands-on Machine Learning experience
· 6+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Technical Lead
· MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
#sspajobs Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.