Synth works with research organisations to develop 3D mapping software for government, military, and industry use.
What we offer, and how we work
- We’re big on Continuous Delivery and automation. This enables us to integrate feedback quickly, while keeping a stable and reliable system.
- We work remotely, focusing on outcomes, not the clock.
- We offer a unique opportunity to work closely with government departments and Defence to build cutting edge tech.
- We run on Microsoft Azure, and enable our customers to run on premises, or where they choose.
- We are a pragmatic team, continuously improving based on empirical evidence.
- We value, open, honest, respectful communication, and that to err is human.
What we expect for this specific role
- You understand that the only way to move fast is to automate all the things.
- You’ll bring your expertise to the team to influence our product and deployment architecture;
- To be scalable and optimised to run both in the cloud and on-premises;
- With a suitable monitoring solution for user and operational telemetry, metrics, etc.
- You will be responsible for planning and driving automation to support:
- A high-quality continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipeline;
- Build and product packaging targeting Docker, Windows Electron based app, VR desktop application, and possibly a ready-to-deploy Linux based image with our server software;
- You’re experienced with Azure DevOps Pipelines (including Azure Resource automation), Docker, Kubernetes, and generally setting up and improving the developer “inner loop” on Linux and Windows.
- When you’re not automating things or helping others automate things, you’ll work on our product as part of the core development team.
- As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to drive Continuous Delivery, and mentor and assist colleagues where appropriate, particularly in relation to your specific area of expertise.
What we expect of all Software Engineers at Synth
- While you’ll likely be an expert in one area, you’ll need to be across our entire solution.
- You’ll implement high quality code with security, automation, and Continuous Delivery in mind, using approaches such as TDD, BDD.
- You’ll work with internal and external stakeholders to clarify and capture requirements.
- You’ll assist in improving and updating work management processes.
- You’ll adhere to and assist us to continuously improve our definition of done, including considerations such as performance and scaling, testing, documentation, coding standards, UI/UX/brand standards, etc.
- You aren’t afraid to give things a crack.
- You don’t hesitate to jump on a call or screen share for whiteboard brainstorming.
- You love to master your tools, which in our case include Azure DevOps (boards, git repos), docker, etc.
- You have a pragmatic understanding of Agile / Scrum practices, backlog management (ideally experience with Azure DevOps), pair programming, demos, retrospectives, etc. We work in one-week sprints.
- You enjoy being responsible for the entire code lifecycle from IDE to production.
- You’re familiar with cloud-based software architectures (e.g. PaaS services in Azure).
Australian citizens encouraged to apply. Police check required. Apply Online