Hey there, Busbud is looking for a Senior Software Engineer – iOS (native) to join our team!
Busbud is the leading online travel agency focused on intercity bus travel and mobility, with the widest global coverage. Travelling is our passion, and we work hard to offer the most comprehensive network of city-to-city travels. We are live in 83 countries, 21,000 cities and offer more than 2,300,000 million bus routes. Our goal is to provide a more environmentally friendly, accessible and interconnected world for everyone.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer – iOS (native), you will help lay the foundation of Busbud’s brand new and improved mobile app experience used by millions of travelers worldwide. You’ll be working on a modern, fully native codebase (SwiftUI, Combine). This role reports directly into Busbud’s CTO.
- Architect, design, build and deliver the next generation of features for travellers using our iOS app to book trips
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Software Engineers, both in the Mobile App team and in other teams inside Busbud, to deliver high-quality products on iOS
- Follow data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Find and address areas of improvement to make our app best in class
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Implement appropriate test coverage, automation, monitoring and rollout plans
- Balance scope and deadlines to deliver on quality and speed
How can you impress us?
- About 5 years of full-time work experience in software engineering focused on mobile app development
- Experience shipping one or more iOS or Android apps, ideally currently available on the Google Play Store and App Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense on mobile
- Entrepreneurial sense: you can Get Stuff Done effectively with limited resources and a small team
- Solid technical chops: people respect and trust your opinions
- Passion and growth mindset: you love what you do and you are always keen to learn new things
What’s in it for you?
- Compensation based on experience
- 4 weeks of vacation (3 weeks + holiday season)
- Healthcare Benefits (health, drugs, vision, dental)
- Stock options
- Free bus tickets
- Breakfast, snacks, team lunches on Wednesdays, happy hour on Fridays
- Team events
Visas and work permits
If you are not already authorized to live and work in Canada, we will sponsor the following work permits:
- R204(a) T23 (university graduates who are citizens of the United States, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Colombia, or South Korea)
- IEC Young Professionals (age and citizenship requirements)
- Employer-specific work permit