- A pivotal role to advise senior leaders and transform our SmartIQ architecture.
- Work within an agile (Scrum) environment that welcomes change and continuous development.
- Join us and inspire innovation at CSIRO!
CSIRO’s Digital Solutions Development (DSD) team operates within the Information Management & Technology (IMT) business unit, and focuses on digitisation of business processes across the organisation.
We are seeking a SmartIQ Lead Developer/Architect to partner closely with our Platform Owner, Architect and Development teams. You will play a vital role of spearheading the transformation of archaic and unwieldy paper based processes into seamless data driven user interactions and workflows for our enterprise clients.
You will be responsible for DevOps maturity and building architectural design guidelines to improve quality, speed to market, reliability, and consistency of solutions delivered. Working on a range of architecture, solution design, development and operations activities, you will enjoy an environment that accommodates and welcomes change. With an agile environment and collaborative approach, you will value individuals and interactions over process and tools; and working software over comprehensive documentation. Working closely with a high-performing DevOps team, you will contribute to the delivery of key solutions and services.
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to the team’s strategic direction and driving plans to achieve strategic goals.
- Developing strategic and operational plans for the SmartIQ service.
- Engaging and collaborating to promote a Design First development approach.
- Leading architectural decisions and contributions to design and information delivery strategies.
- Leading the development of re-usable solution designs, architecture and frameworks.
- Fostering an environment where staff are encouraged to innovate.
- Choosing appropriate technical leadership strategies to maintain high levels of motivation and productivity.
Location: Melbourne, VIC; Sydney, NSW; or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$115k – AU$135k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Residency: Australian Citizens only
To be considered you will need:
- To be a seasoned professional in Software Development and Software Architect (ideally in SmartIQ solutions).
- A strong background as a Senior Solution Architect across a range of technologies, and hands-on experience developing architected solutions.
- The ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- A good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends.
- An understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and approach to providing architecture governance.
- The agility to deal with changing requirements and the ability to prioritise a number of competing demands.
For full details on the role, please review the .
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At , Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the selection criteria outlined in the position description.
24th August 2021, 11:59pm AEST
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.