About us Canberra Consulting focuses on delivering highly skilled and qualified professionals to our clients. Canberra Consulting has the experience and the capability to understand… About us
Canberra Consulting focuses on delivering highly skilled and qualified professionals to our clients. Canberra Consulting has the experience and the capability to understand your specific requirements and match them to the right environment, ensuring professional satisfaction and ongoing development opportunities. Our focus is ensuring that both you and our client are a good match and that we give you every opportunity to succeed.
Our client is looking for an experienced Software and Middleware Developer to join their team.
- Identify, analyze, liaise and schedule the batches across multiple platforms and environments
- Ascertain the cause of batch failures/irregularities and either fix or delegate to relevant area.
- Liaise with relevant teams to rectify batch issues.
- Ensure scheduling documentation is maintained using EA.
- Ongoing monitoring of performance and fine tuning.
- Largely responsible for a number of reconciliations.
- Nightly reconciliations
- Monthly Reconciliations
- Responsible for the majority of any required JCL changes
- Maintain batches across development, integration and production environments
- Perform testing and provide thorough support as part of regular release cycles
- Clearing of batch restarts as required via SQL updates
- Maintain batch run times and update run stats regularly for reporting purposes
- Provide technical assistance as required.
- Code interpretation
- Code fixes
- Results interpretation
- Batch scheduling information/run times
- Job anomalies
- Prepare adhoc batch jobs for execution
- Identify obsolete batches and liaise for system clean-up
The right candidate will possess:
- Strong technical understanding of batch processing concepts
- Strong concept of batch processing tools, components and requirements
- Ability to read, write and troubleshoot C#, CA:Gen & SQL scripts
- Solid background in large scale IT software and application systems and database concepts
- Solid background and understanding of JCL requirements and coding
- Strong analytical skills to tailor batch runs based on changing compliance requirements
- Ability to install and maintain batch tools and other server administration tasks
- Ability to liaise with operational teams, end users and management
- Ability to technically liaise with analysts, developers and testers
- Understanding of the importance of constant batch monitoring & ensuring long term scalability for the business
- Attention to detail, staying on top of industry best practices and trends
- Strong ability to be part of an overnight on-call roster
- Developing digital infrastructure and working on batch performance to improve efficiency and reduce risk & outages
- Ability to understand and maintain Powershell scripts
- Ability to read and understand CLIST
- Ability to transform legacy applications to the new digital platforms
All candidates submitted for the advertised position must be an Australian Citizen and hold a valid Security Clearance (minimum negative vetting level 1)
Call our Account Manager, Vikas at 0431 552 823, for a confidential discussion.