CSIRO’s ‘Building Simulation, Assessment and Communications’ Group develops and supports software used to demonstrate compliance with Construction Code standards under the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme. In this capacity, CSIRO supports more than 600 energy raters and over $50 billion in construction activity per year.
As a Software Developer, you will join a dynamic and talented team of computer scientists, software engineers and data scientists, who design, build and deliver the technologies that model energy consumption and create outstanding user experience. You will use your expertise in software development to primarily focus on a suite of web applications, assisting in the design and implementation of software updates and test versions.
Your duties will include:
- Working in a team of Software Engineers and Research Scientists on developing the next generation of cloud-based solutions. In particular,
- Chenath Engine and AUSZEH Design – residential energy modelling tools
- AccuRate Cloud Services – next generation of household thermal rating tools currently being developed.
- Liveability Real Estate – a property appraisal and real estate training system
- Developing new functions including neural networks, data handling and visualisation services.
- Liaising with stakeholders to understand system requirements, develop & test software solutions, and provide system support as required.
- Developing & documenting software that is used by our researchers and our external clients.
- Participating in planning projects and scheduling & completion of major parts of projects, including allocating and directing tasks where appropriate.
- Adapting and developing original software in support of existing and further research.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$85K – AU$96K (pro-rata) + up to 15.4% super
Tenure: Specified Term roles of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Software Development.
- Experience and knowledge in at least some of the following programs:
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- C# Programming Language
- ASP.NET MVC 5
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of TDD (Test Driven Development) methodologies
- TFVC (Source Control)
- Azure SQL Services
- Azure App Services
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Blob Storage
- Experience in the residential energy efficiency, energy rating, thermal performance modelling or other similar domain.
For full details about this role please review the
To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident, or an Australian Temporary Resident currently residing in Australia.
How to Apply: Please apply online via
Applications Close: 12 October 2021, 11:00pm ADST