Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We have started a new team to innovate and provide a seamless payment experience to our customers across all platforms like mobile, web, voice etc.
As a software development engineer, you will:
- Design, implement, and test major features in the next generation of Amazon’s payments platform.
- Work very closely with security engineering teams to design and implement cutting-edge security features and multi-tier distributed services.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (internal customers, other software development teams, Project/Release Management, etc).
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Interest in Information Security and a passion for building secure systems
- Experience delivering software services in the Cloud, preferably using AWS
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#21 – Kabu – Rewards of Working at a Growing Startup
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services — now widely known as cloud computing. The ultimate benefit of clou…
View & Apply