Want to help build the future? How about the software that powers Amazon’s increasingly automation-driven Amazon Robotics Fulfillment Centers?
Automation is happening, and with it comes complexity. We need a Software Development Engineer to help us expand a core team at the very heart of Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT): the AFT Picking team. As the team’s Software Developer, you’ll own and help drive the technical and architectural vision for a platform that models the constraints, execution, and optimizations for millions of customer shipments, moving through Amazon’s global network of 100s fulfillment centers.
Who are we? The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) group builds and operates software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised we would get it to them. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well. AFT Picking is a group within AFT that builds and maintains core software and services in Amazon Fulfillment Centers. This is the software used worldwide to manage the picking of items from the inventory in order to be shipped to customers. If you’ve ever bought something from Amazon, there’s a very good chance our software was directly involved getting it to you.
As a member of this team, you will get the opportunity to own and deliver highly visible, innovative projects that directly impact the customer experience. You will be involved in driving increasing automation in how Amazon fulfills its orders, as well as all the aspects of the software development cycle including scoping, design, implementation, testing & delivery of your product. This position has great opportunity for growth as Amazon increasingly automates its fulfillment center operations.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.