For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Verifone is seeking a developer with a keen interest in Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Public Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) to join an Android based payments delivery team here in Sydney.
Are you a ninja with certificate trees, do you possess the ability and desire to understand a key hierarchy? Do you dream about encryption algorithms and understand best practices when it comes to the management and software development of secure materials? Are computer hacking and bow hunting skills in your arsenal and do you know when and how to apply them? Do you have a passion for detail and enjoy working in collaborative agile teams who put customers at the center of everything you do? If you answered yes to these questions, then this role is for you!
What you’ll do
- Develop cryptographic code in different languages (eg Android and C/C++)
- Triage and investigate certificate or key management issues
- Drive a design and implementation of unique payment algorithms and key derivations (eg AS2805, PGP, DUKPT)
- Engage and interact with internal global SMEs in the security and Android space
- Support production teams during HSM management, key management activities
- Be the regional technical SME in all things related to security
What qualifications will you need to be successful
- Development experience in Android, C#, Java and C/C++
- Working knowledge in PKI/PKCS
- Good working knowledge of openSSL and other cryptographic tools and resources
- Knowledge on AS2805 and other payment specifications
- Understanding of symmetric and asymmetric keys
- Ability to code quickly on PC based systems to simulate real scenarios
- Exposure to bank or acquirer host interfaces and key management processes
- A track record of working well under limited supervision, with ability to produce results quickly and thoroughly.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence
- Experience in a global company working in an agile delivery model
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and management
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
View & Apply