Do you want to impact millions of customers? Do you want to work on projects? Do you feel passionate about working with highly scalable and available ? Do you get excited at the idea of designing and delivering next generation cloud infrastructure? Your quest is finally over!
AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud. The CloudFormation teams are pioneers in the “Infrastructure as Code” space. We that spin up infrastructure across AWS at unprecedented scale. This would have an impact in shaping our resource framework that allows CloudFormation to provision hundreds of AWS services. We are looking for stack developers to join our amazing team, who excel in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment where we love pushing the boundaries to innovate, learn while we and new software, and create solves in a huge internal and external problem space.
You’ll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
· Design//iterate developer tools and services that are used by thousands of AWS users.
· Work with and learn many different technologies. While /Kotlin are most commonly used we are also actively looking for opportunities to build microservices using Rust/Go and other languages.
· Deeply own the stack and entire lifecycle of our products, from the roadmap to the /architecture to and continuous iterative and deployment of both services and web apps.
· Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products and new features.
The CloudFormation team values work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the downtown Vancouver office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 5pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have an on-call rotation where you’ll participate once every 5-6 weeks. We work together to reduce our on-call load by ensuring that our are fault tolerant, and resolve the root cause of an issue so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team is a mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures. We set an environment that encourages knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough but kind code reviews. We care and try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks, problems to solve in future.
Inclusive Team Culture
We are intentional about attracting, developing and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build a really cool service, but we also ensure an inclusive and welcoming culture is being and followed every day. We are looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable and able to work effectively with diverse team of peers; someone who will help
us amplify positive and inclusive team culture further.
This position involves on-call responsibilities typically 2 weeks (one week as Primary and another week as Secondary) for every 2 months. We work diligently to ensure our are fault tolerant. When we get paged, we work together to resolve root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Some travel may be required
Video on CloudFormation: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and (architecture, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as , Kotlin, Rust, Go etc.
· Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Experience building microservices and working with computing challenges
· Experience with building contanerized applications
· Experience with AWS CloudFormation