Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale relational databases in the cloud. We are looking for a software development engineer to help build a strategic machine learning-powered service that automatically detects database-related security threats and performance bottlenecks. Our vision here is to offer key insights to RDS customers across different database domains; and help set the direction of the business and the industry.
This is a rare chance for you to be a part of a highly visible team building a service from the ground up that will deliver transformative solutions to customers and chart the course for other AWS services to follow.
To learn more about Amazon RDS visit:
You will be responsible for developing a product that captures performance insights from RDS instances and delivers them to our customers. This product operates on hundreds of thousands of instances, and helps our customers monitor and tune the performance of their databases through timely and relevant metrics, as well as recommendations.
This is an area that requires solving the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale. As a tier zero AWS service our solutions have to be super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant. You will be responsible for all-up engineering including development, testing and deployment of these services. AWS operates large-scale, mission critical workloads, so you must be comfortable taking responsibility for the operational excellence of your service.
Finally, you’re excited by the opportunity to learn about and help solve our customers’ challenges. In order to break new ground, we’ll need to resolve ambiguity and take calculated risks. You understand that being passionate about an idea is different than taking it personally and believe that debate makes strong ideas stronger.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, Masters or PhD preferred.
- Hands-on experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Understanding and knowledge of a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience working with cloud services or operating large scale systems
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#23 – Ayogo – Leadership, Compassion & Persistence
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began exposing key infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services — now widely known as cloud computing. The ultimate benefit of clou…
View & Apply