Software Development Engineer in Test IIShare Software Development Engineer in Test II
Location Ottawa, Ontario
Salary To be determined
Posted July 31, 2021
Closes August 30, 2021
You need to or to save
Are you a software developer with an interest in developing and testing technologies that solve complex problems?
Are you excited by how the internet works?
Join our world-class Edge Technology Group quality assurance team
Our Intelligent Edge division consists of collaborative, inclusive, and creative teams that develop applications and services to empower our customers. We make it easy for our customers to build rich experiences on from our core Akamai Platform. Our team plays an integral role in envisioning future innovations and ensuring quality for our product portfolio.
Develop and contribute to full product life-cycle
Applying your natural ability for problem solving, you will be responsible for the quality of our software products and how they perform across the internet. More specifically, you will be working on EdgeWorkers, one of Akamais newest Edge Computing solutions. You will have the scope to develop and create testing automation tools that shape the design and quality of this product and other software we bring to market.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test II, you will be responsible for:
- Owning the quality of your software product and how it performs on our content delivery platform
- Creating and applying test strategies that deliver high quality software solutions
- Using your software development skills to develop tools, test frameworks and automation of the system test process
- Collaborating with other software engineering teams to influence and shape the design and product development process
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or its equivalent or
- Be a natural communicator, from creating written design documentation to succinctly communicating your thoughts and ideas
- Have experience in software development using Scripting or Object Oriented Languages
- Enjoy working in a team with a real can-do attitude
- Be a self-starter, proactively taking the initiative to solving problems
- Have passion and aptitude to learn new tools and technologies
- Demonstrate a thorough and logical approach to proactively solving complex problems
- Have some familiarity with Linux/Unix-like operating systems
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, were curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, youll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.