Reporting to the Development Manager of the Dayforce Core Architecture team, the Lead Developer is responsible for designing and implementing new products and features as well as enhancing existing solutions. The Lead Developer will collaborate with an energetic team of Developers, Test Engineers, Technical Product Managers and Technical Writers throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and well-engineered. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role.
The Dayforce Core Architecture team is a Scrum team comprised of high caliber, hands-on software professionals who aim to provide technical leadership and stewardship of the Dayforce product. The team enables Dayforce HCM’s technical success by building performant, scalable and secure core components, frameworks, and customer-facing technical features, and by providing build processes, tools and expertise to enhance developer productivity. The team also enhances the maintainability and supportability of Dayforce HCM by building environment management and operational management applications and tools.
- Analyze, design, prototype, program, test, troubleshoot and support – the complete software lifecycle in your hands!
- Envision and deliver new features by working, as part of a high-performing scrum team, with clients, prospects, implementation partners, and Dayforce personnel
- Create and enhance a scalable SaaS enterprise application
- Assess risks and impacts on the existing system as new functionality is added
- Perform code reviews
- Mentor other developers and share knowledge
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills – we need someone that is able to influence and collaborate with senior technical stakeholders
- In-depth experience building micro-services within an enterprise software environment is a requirement
- In-depth working experience with C# and .NET Framework
- Experience with Docker Containers and Azure Devops CI/CD automation
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS or Azure
- Proficiency with TSQL and relational database systems, as well as NoSQL databases (such as MongoDB)
- Proficiency with RESTful Services
- Experience building one or more architectural and low-level components such as background processing components, build and deployment systems, security, identity management, logging, APIs, interfaces, and messaging components
- Experience with one or more advanced programming constructs such as multi-threaded programming, dependency injection, database design, and performance optimization
- Experience with or desire to work in an agile development environment (scrum)
- Experience building highly-performant and scalable applications
- Experience building various authentication solutions such as Single Sign-On, and Multi-factor authentication
- Knowledgeable of common web application security vulnerabilities and how to protect against them
- Experience building tools for use by other developers