A skilled Software Engineer is required to join the Capture Services team within the Automation domain. The Software Engineer will play a critical role in technical design & development across multiple lines of business, providing technical advice and work on complex issues, and working with stakeholders to provide quality outcomes and value to our customers.
The role will include systems analysis, design, development, maintenance & ongoing support to ensure that the quality of the solutions and artefacts you produce meet the defined needs relative to Suncorp’s environments.
Your passion for delivering quality software will be rewarded, as will your contribution of fresh ideas to continuously improve our way of working
- Acts as a Technical SME to our customers for our supported applications.
- Provides IT Operations support / technical analysis for all digital application incidents
- Identifies enhancements to improve supportability, operability or performance of supported application(s)
- Identifies and helps implement continuous improvement initiatives within the IT Operations team.
- Analyses system requirements and develop technical design
- Develops and maintains application software
- Escalates significant architectural issues to the Solution Designer/Architect.
- Supports the application software by analysing and fixing problems
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- AWS Associate or Professional Certification highly desirable (Solutions Architect, SysOps Adminstrator, DevOps Engineer, or Developer)
- Relevant industry experience and working as a software engineer.
- Excellent knowledge/experience in the application of Agile and Lean approaches.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding security & governance challenges involved in deploying to Cloud environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems as well as developing and delivering platform solutions in multiple environments.
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, and Years of Service Recognition.
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-50 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working as part of Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014-2019)
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for a third consecutive year (2018-2020)
- General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today. For further information regarding this position, please contact Rochelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Advertised: 07 Jun 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Jun 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Share this: |
Don’t see a job for you?
Don’t see your dream job posted? No problem, sign up for job alerts and we’ll let you know once something becomes available.
- Brisbane – Inner Suburbs & CBD
- 21 Jun 2021
- Brisbane – Inner Suburbs & CBD
- 21 Jun 2021
Subscribe for job alerts
© Copyright 2019 Suncorp Group
Suncorp Group Limited ABN 66 145 290 124. In accessing Suncorp’s site you agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the disclaimer. Please ensure that you read both the